Current PODs

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TopHeavy, Jun 16, 2011.

1. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Who is your current POD that is differentiating you from others in your league? Or someone under the radar that gives you the edge over others?

Due to having lack of trades I've kept Jamar and considering 2.7% of teams have him he could get me over the line against teams with Sandi and Smith.

As I'm looking to offload Mundy and Selwood, hearing about mids will be helpful.

Cheers

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Not having Sandi, Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Montagna, Chapman. Figured it was easy to post that then my differences!!!

3. The_General

The_General Member

Probably Priddis and Scotland for me. Montagna if named otherwise he's gone.

4. Jay

Jay New Member

It was Priddis, probably won't be for too much longer after Coach Crawf recommended people trade Mundy or Selwood to him

5. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Priddis & A Swallow.. Sylvia?

That's about as adventurous as I've been. Swallow since round 1, Sylvia and Priddis brought in recent weeks.

6. DC

DC Member

Montagna for sure (When his on the park)

Boyd but not after this round

Mitchell??

Selwood will be a massive one if I decide to keep him too

7. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on June 15, 2011, 16:31
    Not having Sandi, Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Montagna, Chapman. Figured it was easy to post that then my differences!!!</blockquote>

Im expecting a top 10 score from you this round SKT!! :)

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

No real PODs as all of my players are fairly popular. I reckon that's half the point.

Hoping SKT doesn't get near the top 10 as I've got him again this week in the leagues. Copped a pasting last time after I generously gave him 200 points start with a series of boneheaded moves.

None this time. Question is can my bench bounce back.

9. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Definitely good to have players that are good, that's why the masses have them. However it's good to get guys either pre-peak or that fly under the radar. I guess it comes back to risk v reward again as to how much a punt you have on such players.

10. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Sandi, Have hung onto him and hoping he will come back with a bang!

11. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Considering a third of people have held onto him and even more people will get him when he returns from injury, he is hardly a POD

12. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Current PODs are Grant Birchall and Andrew Swallow. Also have Adcock but he has been underperforming and is now out.

I'm looking at "Don't Argue" Martin as another POD to replace Mundy. Consistent and has been a revelation. Going to risk it for the biscuit.

13. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

@ DC

I would consider Mitchell as a POD

14. bigshow

bigshow Member

I'll be finishing my side with Malceski this week, here's hoping his synthetic knee will see the season out

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on June 16, 2011, 11:38
    No real PODs as all of my players are fairly popular. I reckon that's half the point.

Hoping SKT doesn't get near the top 10 as I've got him again this week in the leagues. Copped a pasting last time after I generously gave him 200 points start with a series of boneheaded moves.

None this time. Question is can my bench bounce back.</blockquote>

No pressure at all then DC!!! Yes i did get a tad lucky last time but hoping to make it 2 from 2 this week. Starting to wonder if i should make a trade to have a crack at the weekly prize cos as it stands im looking like the only TooSerious person to not be in all kinds of strife. Apart from Mundy im full strength. Was going to wait to do Mundy to Swan but maybe should do Mundy to Bartel or something....

16. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Always worth having a crack at the weekly prize, you never know if you might win :D

17. bfish

bfish New Member

I have Duffield, Dal santo, A.Swallow and Murphy (was unique, but being added into more teams lately).

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

mmm i reckon your right Lucas. If i dont trade Mundy im playing Curnow or Heppell.. Which more likely be Curnow which is almost gimme of 80 points.... But looking through i have &#36;472K to spend so can get Sam Mitchell vs Gold Coast (also good captain choice) or Jimmy Bartel. Then i guess as ill have Boak at M6 that i probably cant fit Swan in when he gets back up & firing.....

19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Good thread.

I have no idea how many people brought in certain players but going by my leagues I have Hodge which is a POD. In DT having Rioli is quite a POD also.

20. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

Started with Murphy, Boyd, Daisy and Pendles. Becoming less POD-dy by the week.

My new POD is Griffin. Its little more than a hunch, but I'm thinking he has a role to play at Freo for the rest of the year, whether Sandi comes back or not.