Danger and lake or gray and $256 g

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Turbs, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Hey boys my dilemma is :

Danger and Lake with $26,000 left or gray and $256,000 ... Just not keen on anyone between lake and a rookie ... not all that keen on lake to tell u the truth...
    I think more teams will have danger than gray so swaying towards gray but who do i get for $256,000

post up your thoughts either way

cheers turbs

2. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Gray & Porps.

3. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Lake will try hard and has a point to prove, obviously doesn't want a year like last and wants to end on a high note so will give it his all, but his body has had a lot of work done on it and the the club has an obligation to protect him some what.
    People say he's good for 80PPW but in the next breath say Clarke at 170K is good for 75PPW, so do the maths.
    Lots have picked Danger for his potential, much like Lake, and some reject him out of "principle"....crystal ball stuff!
    Gray seems to be more of a known quantity unlike Dangerfield.
    According to Maxy, Paine will play this week so could be good for money which is so important early on, obviously bested slightly by JS.

4. Tango

Tango New Member

Gray and the Porpoise for me. Gray just seems to be much closer to a premium breakout, while it's hard to pass up the opportunity to buy a possible 90ppg forward for only $229k (fingers crossed his shoulders stay where they're supposed to be).

5. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Danger and Lake for mine - I think Danger will match Gray this year, especially early. Lake if he gets anywhere close to his best could end up being a keeper all year. Lake also likey to score better in SC than DT due to intercept marks so he is a lock for my team.

6. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Dangerfield will collapse in a heap once he gets tagged, I can understand the love for Porplyzia but don't think he will score particularly more than some of the rookies (Kennedy, Smith) in the long term and will no doubt destroy his shoulder again.

Lake is the best mid-pricer of the bunch, I'd say he's good for around 95 ppg considering he's had by some people's estimations a "poor" pre-season yet still churned out an 89 (73 dt) and 86 (63 dt) in two supposedly poor games, the 89 coming from only 3 quarters.

7. Gray and an upgrade elsewhere for mine. Get someone in your team who is boderline and turn them elite

8. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

And you dont think Gray will Ant? he has a smaller frame and is less tough in the congestion. I would think Danger would deal with a tag better.

Also the Crows have Thompson who will be the number 1 tag target and then guys like Vince who might even cop a tag as he hasnt done well shaking them.

Port have Boak, but I could see Gray getting the tag over him if he looks dangerous early.

I think the Danger v Gray question is a very close call to make. I have Gray atm but for 60k cheaper I think Dangerfield can also avg that 95-105 that Gray will get. Food for thought definitely.

9. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

I agree jim, I reckon Gray is a risky pick aswell and haven't gone with him either. I also question whether Dangerfield has the tank to play heavy minutes in the midfield for the length of the season.