Daniel Bradshaw announces retirement

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jun 17, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

2 time premiership player Daniel Bradshaw retires after playing 231 games and kicking 524 goals.

Congratulations on a terrific career.

2. KissKiss

KissKiss New Member

Is sad news as Ive always been a big fan of his

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Great player, just heard this yesterday. Sad ending because he truly was a terrific player. I don't know why Brisbane went after Fevola and traded Bradshaw. There forward line was working fine with Brown and Bradshaw, it was working so good people caed it the Bradshaw & Brown show, now look at it, Brisbane couldve had Bradshaw and Brown still kicking 50+ goals each a season, but now they have Bradshaw at Sydney and now retiring, Fevola getting sacked and Jonathon Brown who can barely stay on the park......
    Also sad ending for Adelaide utility Scott Stevens announcing his retirement today, said e couldn't take any more head knocks, sad ending for both....

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

TBH they traded Bradshaw because he was finished.

They made the right call moving him on, just shouldn't have lost Henderson in the process. Henderson and Brown would have been a solid combination.

In the end he will have to get over his grudges and enjoy the premiership catchups. So many guys like Nathan Buckley at Collingwood would give their left teste to be involved in a flag, so it makes me a little annoyed when some don't honour that at least.

If Akermanis can turn up and people can be civil to one another, I think Bradshaw can do the same.

It was good to see one of the lasting memories we will all have of him was that ball bursting torpedo. Shows we should still be teaching our kids how to kick these monsters!

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Yeah actually agreeing with you now Lucas....

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Not only the torp, but i like the drop-kick & use it often, feels sweet of the bott and hwen it pays off, it hits the leading traget smack bamg on the chest, although could go very wrong, its a distance kick too, imo its easier to kick long of a drop kick than a drop punt.......

7. Lucas

On your tag, if Lenny is such a champion, surely he sneaks into the team ahead of a range of other players. Maybe Baker!

8. thegob

thegob New Member

very, very good point Lucas. That list is wishful thinking for a 31 year old going through a knee reco. Baker and the Tiprat ahead of Hayes is a joke. And who is S Lowe?

9. Lucas

I always thought Stewie was slow

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on June 22, 2011, 09:48
    On your tag, if Lenny is such a champion, surely he sneaks into the team ahead of a range of other players. Maybe Baker!</blockquote>

haha good point.

That signature gives me a headache.

11. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I have found myself skipping over his posts because I don't want to read that crap. There should be a smaller character limit on signatures.

12. silacious

silacious New Member

Loewe was such a warhorse for them, especially after Lockett left. With those bucket hands. He should be in. No way should Milne be in there