DAZZLER (prior to opening)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by DAZZLER, Jan 31, 2011.

1. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

DAZZLER Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by DAZZLER. Salary cap left: $11,000.

Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Corey Enright, Jack Grimes, Jed Adcock, Andy Otten, Dyson Heppell
    Josh Toy, Michael Hibberd, Nicholas Duigan

Brendon Goddard, Dane Swan, Chris Judd, Liam Anthony, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff
    Maverick Weller, Mitchell Wallis, Ian Callinan

Aaron Sandilands, Sam Jacobs
    Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, Brad Green, Adam Goodes, Chris Knights, Drew Petrie, Andrew Krakouer
    Cameron Richardson, Tendai Mzungu, Luke Tapscott

I have tried to keep it, 1 per team, per line...
    No per than one on the bench from one of my onfeild players teams..
    This way I should be able to cover all bye consistaly, still with good players (barring injuries)
    I have moved to Sammy Jacobs, hoping he can take the mantle at Adelaide, he finished strongly at the blues last year..

THOUGHTS ???

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Rucks still appear weak but Petrie as cover will help.

Goddard in the mids to start is an interesting ploy - thought of doing it myself, but in general you should take advantage of more selections in midfield and have him in defence, that's my thinking on the issue

Not convinced on Adcock, Enright, Grimes, Anthony, Knights, Green

Quite a bit could go wrong in that mix.
    But heck you have to risk somewhere in this game.

3. Daveo

Daveo Member

Grimes, otten and adcock all in the same team. Very High risk but could also be very high reward if they dont get injured.
    Grimes is yet to play a full season 28 games in 3 season max games in one season =14
    Otten back from a knee?
    adcock has not been the same since 07
    Good luck Dazzler

4. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

An interesting setup you have there Daz:

Back-line looks weak without Goddard, plus risky choices of Grimes, Adcock, and Otten could upset the stability of the team

Mids look ok - not convinced with Anthont at M4. you might be better suited to picking a first round rookie and upgrading Adcock/Otten in the backline witht the spare cash.

Rucks: round 16 both Sandi & Jacobs have the bye. Having Petrie MPP wont cover both players.

Too many KPP forwards for my liking - i'm limiting myself to 2 KKP forwards in my starting team as the tend to fluctuate in price so your opportunity to pick up a bargain during the year is higher.

For reference this is also a team i put together prior to opening:

licky my nutz Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by liquid6. Salary cap left: $8,700.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Josh Drummond, Andy Otten, Dyson Heppell
    Josh Toy, Michael Hibberd, Cameron Pederson

Dane Swan, Chris Judd, Joel Selwood, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff, Jared Polec
    Reece Conca, Mitchell Wallis, Tendai Mzungu

Aaron Sandilands, Darren Jolly
    Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt, Lance Franklin, Alan Didak, Chris Knights, Drew Petrie, Dion Prestia
    Jack Darling, Luke Tapscott, Ian Callinan

5. spud

spud New Member

Not all too different at all from my initial play around, Liquid, however will not touch Drummond with a 10foot pole after being burnt before. There are a number of blokes representing value in the backline as a result of injuries last year, and the fun will be picking the ones, if any, that will provide a return on investment by reaching their heights of previous years/not getting reinjured.

I'd be wary about picking up every injury-prone under-priced player on offer though!