Decisions...

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Apr 27, 2012.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

I have 3 options. Already accidently traded Mumford for Cordy this week as I didn't know I'd be unable to reverse it, so has sort of put me in a sticky situation. Help on which option is the best would be awesome. I am a man down with Ablett out, but using multi position players I can make a trade in either the Midfield or Forward line to avoid the donut.

1. Dickson or Couch for Waite or Lewis in the forward line.
    Neither Dickson or Couch look close to getting a game having not even been named as emergencies, and I've targeted Waite and Lewis as the best options. Their draws are favorable too. Not really looking for advice on other better options as I'm pretty set on the two of them.

2. Cunningham for Hayes in the midfield.
    Cunningham is in the same boat as Dickson and Couch and after looking at Hayes I've been sucked in. Take away his 87 in round 1 and he is averaging just over 115, and has kicked 5 points without a goal this season, which means there is even more upside if he starts slotting them. I know how good he can be averaging 120 a few seasons ago and his average against nearly every team is at least 110, and 120 for all of the teams he will play during finals. Without injury he has to be a keeper.

3. Johnson for Goodes in the forward line.
    Note if I take this option I will cop a donut, but Johnson has been spudding it up bad so far averaging 62 without even hitting the 70 mark yet. At 455k he could be looking to some as a bargain, but if he doesn't get his act together he could drop another 70k. Thought for sure he would bounce back last week against the Tiges at home, and that didn't happen. What hope is there.

So stuck at the moment. Please help. Anyone.

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Leave Stevie J. Probably just a premiership hangover and I still think he'll finish top 10 fwds this year.

Number 2 looks good. Cunningham will struggle more than Dickson to get a game I reckon and not many would have had Hayes from the start. Carries the injury/age worry but is looking pretty damn good!

Will Waite or Lewis be top 8 forwards this year? If not, don't trade into them.

3. gish

gish New Member

I agree with Nick - option 2 looks best. Hayes is looking to be great value.

4. Chicko

Chicko New Member

also agree with Nick and Gish. A shame you are going to miss the Treloar boat as he would have been a great trade for either Dickson or Couch.