Defender Help

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Apr 20, 2012.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Have an important league game this week so definitely need to field a strong and full team, and yet with Shaw, Lake and Smedts all out, and no link to the Def, I think I will have to trade one of them. First of all, which one? And who would you say the best options are, mind you I only have 3,800 in the bank so I can only bring in someone of basically the same value, unless I double trade. I do have Fyfe and Stevie J. Please help.

2. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

I'm pretty much in the same boat thinking sideways trade of Shaw to someone as I have just lost all faith in Shaw and Collingwood but who to get S Hurn at the top of my list at the moment.

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

My luck, Dempsey and birch iffy, lake and shaw out. wouldnt mind a sideways trade but how long is he out for? shaw

4. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

If you're going for league win, maybe better not trading any of them,
    Lake's back next week,
    Smedts has profit to come,
    Shaw, I suspect might just come good in time for Anzac day, despite being declared out for 2.
    Might be better for your overall league strategy to take a donut & save the trades.

5. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on April 19, 2012, 19:58
    If you're going for league win, maybe better not trading any of them,
    Lake's back next week,
    Smedts has profit to come,
    Shaw, I suspect might just come good in time for Anzac day, despite being declared out for 2.
    Might be better for your overall league strategy to take a donut & save the trades.

</blockquote>

Agreed. Remember people, its only the second round of league matches, so lets not panick! As we all know (none better than me!) trades are vital at the end of the season, and you may well regret using them on sideways ones just to avoid a donut in one game. If shaw was out for more than 3 weeks, then by all means, trade him. But just wait a couple of weeks, and worst case scenario, he is out for longer than planned, and you get a better look at a possible replacement, without his price changeing. Thats what ill ve doing anyway.

6. PHIL

PHIL Member

I've gone Lake out and Conca in. Conca might be the best kept secret going round. I don't think Lakes avg will improve to much and Conca's is better with sub affected games. They have him earmarked in midfield and this could be his break out. Unfortunately Alex I think your just outside affording him.