Defensive downrgrades?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by obleex, May 14, 2012.

1. obleex

obleex New Member

Getting to that stage where guys like Morris and Ellis will start to plateau in the coming weeks. I think it might be wise to keep one of those two for cover (if you have both) and use the other for a downgrade. Only problem is I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head to downgrade them TO. I know Yagmoor just played his second game and is on the bubble, but can't see him getting too many more this season. Apart from him though, who else is out there?!

2. Moblets

Moblets New Member

As much as every bone in my body says don't touch a rookie coached by Ross Lyon - Spurr is the obvious choice. he is on the bubble next week and actually looks the goods. Given he is a mature age rookie he may get more of a run with Lyon. I'll be trading Ellis to Spurr this week and Bugg to Shaw.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Beau Wilkes will be on bubble aswell.. Pretty good job security I'd think with McEvoy out for 4-6 weeks. Kosi & Stanley need to share ruck so he fits in at full forward.

4. Corks

Corks Member

Has there been any word on Sam Darley? Was looking good pre season then vanished into the ether.

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

How many has Shaw played? Wouldn't mind really cashing in and going Bugg to Spurr this week as well

6. Randy_al_Thor

Randy_al_Thor New Member

Beau Wilkes (St K) Lee Spurr (Freo) both on the bubble this week, not scoring massive but Spurr was Sub in first game and Wilkes got subbed out "accidentially" in his first, think C.Delaney(Nth) is on the bubble too after playing on the weekend. Haven't seen much of any except Spurr but hey there's at least 3 that will rise after this week.

7. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on May 13, 2012, 21:12
    Has there been any word on Sam Darley? Was looking good pre season then vanished into the ether.</blockquote>

I was thinking the exact same thing today...he looked so damn good in the NAB cup. Surely he must be injured.

8. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

yep liked the look of spurr today - he's the current pick (ellis -> spurr). good pick for byes too if you dont have ess/coll/gee defenders. will watch the saints game tomorrow with great interest on wilkes!

i also lke sam shaw from the crows but did the hammy i think and wont be rushed in with the way they are going. a good late season option possibly.

9. Corks

Corks Member

Josh Tynan was good for Casey yesterday, but not sure WTF Neald is doing with rookies this year given Couch can't get a game.

10. kram

kram Member

Spurr will be the one to come into my team, selection pendIng, just got to work out who to downgrade. Have Clarke and bower benched, but their averages aren't far behind hargreaves, grimes and lake. I'm leaning toward Clarke, probably the least price rise to come and also team balance with shaw, pendles and sidebottom there to

11. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Moblets on May 13, 2012, 21:40
    Has there been any word on Sam Darley? Was looking good pre season then vanished into the ether.</blockquote>

I was thinking the exact same thing today...he looked so damn good in the NAB cup. Surely he must be injured.</blockquote>
    Has been playing, just not well enough. Was named in the best this weekend though, so there is potential there.
    Considering Bugg to Brennan this week, for balance during the byes. Not keen on moving on Ellis, just hasn't made enough money and may have to keep him now.

12. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

looks like ellis will go backward now for a week or two unless he has a break out game. ive got 3 richmond def so have to start moving them on anyway over the next few weeks.

13. kram

kram Member

After looking at the cas situation, it will be Clarke to Spurr, magner to ablett

14. Nifty

Nifty Member

<blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on May 13, 2012, 22:08
    <blockquote>Quote from Moblets on May 13, 2012, 21:40

I was thinking the exact same thing today...he looked so damn good in the NAB cup. Surely he must be injured.</blockquote>
    Has been playing, just not well enough. Was named in the best this weekend though, so there is potential there.
    Considering Bugg to Brennan this week, for balance during the byes. Not keen on moving on Ellis, just hasn't made enough money and may have to keep him now.</blockquote>

I'm with u eagles2011...Like the look of Brennan, but may keep Bugg for little bit..

15. snoz

snoz Moderator

Eagles2011....I know very little about Brennan, who looks like the potential d/g along with Spurr.

Do you know much about him? Debuted Rd 6 with a 47, followed that up yesterday with an 87...how is his JS?

Cheers.

16. silacious

silacious New Member

Spurr does look good, Ellis or Morris can be downgraded for me. I don't mind the look of brennan either

17. J_C

J_C Guest

I was planning a double upgrade after last week's double downgrade, but I think I'll have to jump on either Spurr or Brennan. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on JS for those two?

And just on Bugg quickly, my understanding of when a cow is considered to have moo'ed is when their BE is greater than their average. Assuming that is correct, then Walesy's wonderful calculator suggests that Bugg's BE will be around 82 or so compared to a revised average of 77. Moo'ed?

18. jibba

jibba Member

I was on brennan during the Preseason, I like him as an option. JS is unknown but with all those injuries at WC, you'd think they'd give him decent game time!
    Especially considering he's a father son recruit

19. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Spurr/Wilkes/Brennan's JS ??

Spurr/Wilkes/Brennan's scoring potential ??

IMO too hard to tell - I may rule out Wilkes and toss a coin between Spurr and Brennan if I do look to downgrade Ellis.

20. Dekka

Dekka Member

Any thoughts on Cam Delaney from the Kangas fans? His ave from 2 games is 68.