Dempsey?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Apr 20, 2012.

1. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

How much are holding onto Dempsey this week? Is he any chance to pull out before the game, or not get up for the ANZAC clash? Currently have him traded out for Hurn due to bye situation in Rd 13. If i do stick with Dempsey out(Which im not yet sold on, can be persuaded back) i chose Hurn because he has a different bye round but also because he is playing good footy (Although its only early days) and he costs me a good 40-60k less than the other premium backs. Still might choose Carrazzo,Fisher or Birchall however and totally disregard the bye round. Thoughts on all this? Keep Dempsey or if i dont who to trade in?

2. RAR

RAR New Member

I was initially doing likewise and getting rid of Dempsey. Decided to keep him in now that he is named. I have some bench coverage if he does not play. If I had no coverage he would be gone.

3. DC

DC Member

I think he won't play this week

4. jibba

jibba Member

Hurn has played easy opposition and has thrived (historically proven), watch him struggle this week against better opposition in the Hawks where he'll receive more attention (also historically proven)

It's all a roll of the dice with soft tissue injuries (think Higgins) but Dempsey definitely looks a better player this year. Hird said they will assess his condition at training tomorrow and after the Carlton game to see when he'll play against the Pies.
    There is probably a greater chance he'll play one or the other

5. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I have Shaw and Lake on the bench...so Dempsey has to play! Massive risk.

6. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Im holding onto him, considering I only just traded him in... he better play! Bet with my luck he will be sub/late withdrawl

7. whips

whips New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on April 20, 2012, 23:14
    Im holding onto him, considering I only just traded him in.</blockquote>
    Interesting how it all repeats.
    There was a 'discussion' on this last year which related to Jobe Watson if I remember correctly. The fact he has just been traded in should have no bearing on future decisions - he's just another player in your team.
    Not saying you're wrong to keep him.

8. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Also guilty of the last round's tragic Broughton to Dempsey shuffle & was willing to burn the trade & out him immediately until I saw him named, have cover just in case, but you're right whips, regardless of when we got him, each round offers up it's own decisions.