Devon Smith

Discussion in 'AFL' started by hawks2008, May 1, 2012.

1. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Time to downgrade? His breakeven this week is 65, and was used as the sub on the weekend so you would think there is afair chance it could happen again. There are also a few options in terms of players to bring in, with neale, pfeiffer, dellolio all on the bubble this week.

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Has he made enough or is it a waste of a trade?

3. leb17

leb17 New Member

ouch, didnt realise his breakever was so high. hes been okay all year without setting it on fire. if you hold him now, you need to hold for 3 more weeks to get his 17 out of the system. Thats a long time in GWS terms, he could easily be out of their ideal 22 by then, or could be pumping out the 70s and 80s we want.

I think he has more money to make, it just means that now he will take longer to get there, and will there be such good downgrade options later on? Personally i think he could rise enough in 4 weeks time, whne hopefully zorko or couch are getting to be on the bubble. But its certainly a tough call, especially with that breakeven.

4. BillyBass

BillyBass New Member

Neale and Dellolio both have 2 sub affected scores, so their initial price rises won't be significant. Sheeds has rotated the vests around the players, and if he continues to do that then Smith might be safe for a while. You're best to hold off trading him, let the 17 roll thru his cycle and cash him in when a genuine downgrade comes along.

5. Muppets

Muppets Member

I think unfortunately Devon won't rise too much more and I'll just be taking his $100K and moving on. It's not an ideal scenario but in my team he has the least growth in him for the short term so he'll be culled from my team (team selections permitting).

6. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

I have both Kennedy and smith in the forward line, and I'm more keen to move Kennedy on first (as he has done very little since that first game).

Not only that, I feel he's up for a big one this week, maybe 100+ just because he's rested from last week.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I don't think there are any ideal downgrade options tbh (at least in the forwards). These sub affected scores are stunting the early growth of our cows!

8. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Let say you built yourself a bank of $300K from trades last week and were looking to make 1 single upgrade trade this week, he'd be the one to get rid of though, right?

9. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

My Mate Hawks2008!!! You probably won't want to listen to someone in the same league as you but I reckon that we keep Devon for longer. He has now become a slow burner and might be a bench option. Though as UnderAchievers said, if you have the money, upgrade him to a Lewis or smoky Roughead. Don't underestimate the scoring ability of my ideal smoky; Justin Westhoff

10. Muppets

Muppets Member

Kennedy's BE is much lower than Smith's which is why I'd choose to move Smith on first. I'll make money faster by chopping Smith now if I had to lose one.

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

If you were upgrading him then its right move to trade him out, but if u are downgrading him then only viable option this week is Pfeiffer who is at a premium so you'll onl make 95K or so. Not really worth it imo.

12. snoz

snoz Moderator

UnderAchievers.....yes.

As StK points out, if you can up Devon to a Prem do it now....but dont d/g him to.

I also think that the vest last week was maybe for his 'rest' week, maybe they couldnt afford to totally give him the week off so they vested him, and will be back starting next week. The 17 pts though will hurt for a few weeks.

13. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

You don't make any money in the NEAFL

14. turbo

turbo New Member

Sheeds has been rotating the vest each week, so I don't think he'll cop it again for a while.

This policy however keeps putting crap scores into our cow's moving averages - not great for cash generation!

15. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

I am upgrading D Smith to A Christensen, I have 200K in the bank.

16. Fazz

Fazz New Member

I'm very tempted to upgrade Smith to Dangerfield

17. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

D Smith not even under consideration until teams come out. Looking at any forward combination which includes Hall, Kennedy, Porps, Fyfe, Paine, Smedts, Dickson etc ...whether THESE guys even get selected may have a greater bearing on D. Smiths immediate future than any speculation about his BE or vest likelihood. His MPP also comes into play but not many would have him as a mid.

I suspect many teams may have to keep him this week <assuming Dev himself gets named> if they want to avoid a zero.

18. Fazz

Fazz New Member

Yep good very good point TheOnion, after the carnage of the last few weeks who knows what's in store this week. Porps is still in doubt for this week with a muscle strain according to Fantasy Freako

19. Sless

Sless New Member

I downgraded Smith to Jesse Stringer (still considering reversing and making it that GC rookie) and then used my bank to upgrade Tom Ledger to Pendles... am I doing this right??? lol

20. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

No you are doing it wrong Sless. No trades until Friday, even if you can reverse them.

Because on Thursday there will be more issues to concern yourself with. Such as if Carlton tanks v GWS resting half its list.