Didak... Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'AFL' started by BirryPan, May 30, 2011.

1. BirryPan

BirryPan New Member

Well we all know about his drop of form, but a score of 86 this week wasn't bad. Do you reckon I should go Darling -> Didak?

Could be a buy of the century

2. DC

DC Member

Good Thread.

I would not do a Darling to Didak only because I plan to keep Darling all year...

I would however do something like a Matera to Didak for only 20k!!

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Well how about nyet

Not yet, but Didak is on the way back no doubt about it.

Thought Swan was steady again but smashed by scaling - game over midway through Q2 means massive scores for Thomas and Pendlebury. Fair enough too.

Darling-Didak is the sort of move that would win the comp for a leader though for sure. Not certain given most of us are in for the leagues, that I'd be running to Didak.

I'd think if form holds for 2 more weeks then do the trade after Pies bye.

I hate all the players I want 'after the Pies bye': Shaw, Thomas and Didak are now heading up the list.

4. Lucas

Well I don't hate them. But I hate needing to get them in.

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@285K is nearly too good to pass up. I did this exact thing last year with Kurt Tippett around this time, just as bench cover in my rucks and forward line and he pretty much won me my leagues as he scored big in the 2nd half. Dont underestimate having a quality player like Didak as a MPP emergency. Especially those with Krakwhore still, downgrade to Didak and your not losing much at all and gaining $40K :)

Im considering either Krakwhore to him or Tappy to him as i have no forward coverage atm.

6. DC

DC Member

SKT

I think you can have both krak and didak as cover in both lines (Pies bye not far away)

Someone like a Matera would be a perfect trade to Didak.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I am waiting to see one more decent outing by Dids before I make a move to get him. But will definitely wait until after the bye. Thats going to hurt enough with Shaw/Pendles/Swan all missing.

8. shortsandahoody

shortsandahoody New Member

Yes, for sure! hes so Cheap, and can even sit as F7/F8 M6/M7, Bringing him and Mzungu in, so you can change between F/M makes lots of sense.
    He has been carrying an injury, and it looks like hes getting better, i am going to pick him up in the next couple of weeks.

9. WLF

WLF New Member

He has a BE of 76 so i'd definately wait until after the bye in few weeks

10. Corks

Corks Member

Great question this. If, and its a big IF, Dids has turned the corner and is not just short term covering Swan on the ball, then he'd be a great POD F7 at $285k. Surely if you're going to do it and think he's turned the corner then it needs to be this week or next before he starts going up. If you wait till the bye he'll be back into the $300k+ territory.

Could do Polec => Mzungu and Tapscott => Didak this week. Would mean I need to do another double trade to finish my midfield next week (Boyd) but really tempting.

11. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

Will do, but not this week.

Tapscott, Mzungu, Harris, Mid Gun, is the foursome this week.

Happy to hold Darling for the GC game at Subi as well.

12. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

No for me. Maybe as a bench player for finals but that's about it. My 7 forwards and 6 Mids are all better so he won't get a start in my team.

13. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Thinking Matera straight to Dids, aside from the fact that his price has peaked, Herald Sun is reporting he has a groin injury which will leave me a little light on in the fwd bench.

14. Lucas

If Didak is in the mids it don't matter if he is a 350k player he will average what a 400k player does.

That is 90 ppg. You don't play mids for Collingwood and get close to that score.

So yes watch with interest this week. He's more than likely to cop Baker or Jones as a tagger.

15. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Always been a fan of the pistol but will hold fire (pun intended) until after the bye... have to take care of Lurch and bring Mzungu into the midfield this week...

16. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Reading the article in the Hun, it sounds like Matera will be given an extended rest and recovery. This coincides with a BE screaming 'trade'. For those that have already brought in Mz, Didak is a tempting option - not so much his scoring power, but if he is around the 70-80 mark, Mick will keep playing him and we are all starting to look for reliable bench cover at the moment. If you are feeling truly adventurous, Neon Leon is in a similar position.
    The Pies bye is a bummer, but an extended out for Matera may force people's hands.

17. Sainter

Sainter New Member

In a few weeks, if he keeps going down, say, 250k- then I'll get him, could be a great buy, even next year, could be extremely cheap if doesn't find form for the rest of the year.....