Dilemma

Discussion in 'AFL' started by silacious, Apr 5, 2011.

1. silacious

silacious New Member

Is it worth trading out Duffield for Enright? As Duffied is likely to drop in value this week as two sub par performances. And Enright looks like increasing in Value as he has had 130+ scores

Also Tapscott I don't know if i should pick him up as i have Matera, C Dixon, Darling and Richardson as last forward spot.

I have already picked up traded Conca for Curnow

I'm not sure who would be better me picking up. As i have one trade left for the week.

2. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

I'd be estimating Tapscott will peak in price at somewhere around 380-400k. For it to be worthwhile using another trade to jump on the Tapscott bandwagon, you would have to assume that your out-going rookie will only peak at about 200-220k. I think even Cam Richardson will eclipse that, so I would think it's not worthwhile burning a trade for that sideways move.

I think Enright is definitely worth jumping on, but to move to Enright from Duffield i'm not so sure on... Do you have any other options? I think the Duffman will put enough good games together to recover whatever losses he might make at the start of the season, at least these 2 sub-par performances won't influence his price all that much. Last season he was a bit all over the place but his overall trendline throughout the season was rather flat. So for every crap game he has, he would usually give you a good one.

3. silacious

silacious New Member

I have Grimes he is also not doing that flash so far

4. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

I've got Broughton Bruce and Grimes. I don't think any of them are going badly enough to worry about. Bruce was as good as gone til he came up the ground a bit in the 2nd half.

Grimes's price certainly won't be going down, hopefully his efficiency improves as games go on coz he does get enough of the ball to be able to get 100's.

I'm going from Everitt to Enright, I think it's a positive move for this stage of the season. Sideways trades can bite you in the bumhole when the solid stars get in to the swing of being back in the real thing. Many of them start in the mid to high 400's and go down at the start. Then they make their way back up... Like Stevie J and Goodes did last season, not a great start, but they recovered in the end.

5. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I still remember back to 2008, I had Jarryd Waite- who started the season with 3 50's as a premium- I made the decision to cut my losses and trade out to the in-form Peter Burgoyne and his delicious 100+ average.

The year finished with Waite being a top7 backman, even with his poor start while Pburger spent a fair few weeks on the sidelines.

The first question you have to ask- why is Duffield scoring less? Has his role changed? if he getting less of it? Is his efficiency down, and it's just a short-term poor patch? Did you see upside in him when you selected him, and is that reasoning still valid?

6. bfish

bfish New Member

I've got duff as well. He has had the 2 poor scoring games but hold tight. He will end up averaging 90-95 IMO. The beauty of him is he can pump out some massive scores with his long kicking. Are you looking at league or highest ranking?

7. whips

whips New Member

In my opinion
    Duffield for Enright - NO
    Conca for Curnow - NO
    Grimes out - NO
    Everitt for Enright - MAYBE but still NO

Those being delisted/traded aren't major errors - they're just not as good as they could be.
    My major mistake is M Johnson (Scored 20 & 50). I'll take the opp to drop him for Tapscott, bank some $$ and ensure salary movement in the right direction.
    One trade fixes THREE MAJOR issues/mistakes:
    -including Johnson.
    -excluding Tapscott.
    -team salary about to head south.

I reckon it's best to save trades for much greater advantage than those four trades listed above.