Downgrade Options

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Jul 6, 2012.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Okay, So I'm going the Ellis - Carrazzo trade this week but I need to downgrade either Pfeiffer or Dickson to fund it. Would rather trade Dickson as he is 32k dearer and taking out sub effected scores only averages a few pts more than Pfeiffer. I have narrowed my trade options to Murdoch of Geelong, who scored 88 in his first game last week but has now been named on the extended bench, Newman from West Coast, who showed a lot with 40 something points in about a quarter of football last week but is named on the bench and could quite often be the sub if he gets a run at all, and Gibson of North, who taking out his sub score is averaging 73.5.

Obviously Gibson seems to be the obvious pick with the best job security, but he is 31k dearer and I'm not sure if it is worth it. Cover would be helpful though as my only mid/fwd coverage consists of my two trade options and Kennedy from GWS, and without any links to the backline or rucks, I don't want to be copping donuts at the end of the season. One other qualm with getting Gibson is that I'd have to trade Pfeiffer out for him, whereas I would rather trade out Dickson.

Murdoch and Newman are really in the same boat, I'd rather Murdoch as I could trade Dickson out for him plus he seems the better prospect, but if he isn't named in the final 22 tomorrow, Newman could be the option if I decide not to get Gibson.

Pfeiffer - Gibson, Pfeiffer - Newman or Dickson - Gibson?

Thoughts guys? Let me know if there are any better options that I may have missed too. Must be mids or fwds. Cheers.

2. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Think you'd have to go Gibson even though it will be less $ freed up - you can't down value JS at this stage of the season; the Roos have a pretty good run home (though the first weeks of the finals aren't great) including GWS in the last week. Having cover on the bench is just so vital with most squads very short on trades. Can see the argument for your other choice but think the pros of the Gibson route outweigh the downsides when compared to your other choice. Good luck with it whatever choice you make.