E.J Whitten Legends Game

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Okay, anyone else going to the E.J Whittens Legends Game?
    Who are you supporting?
    I'm a VIC so I'm supporting VICS (quite obviously) to win by 3 points with late goals from Stauchanie!!!!

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Pretty close to the mark Sainter. I agreed with the Vics winning when watching on TV I was saying the siren should have gone years ago. And it was funny for Fitzy to "not" kick the winner.

Rocca's torpedo goal makes you think why didn't he make it as an NFL punter! Clearly the highlight of the night.

I can't believe footballers don't train to kick them either. So many times at the end of a quarter or in a huge match a torp going 75 over the flood would make a huge difference.

Daics almost never shanked a torp. It's not the easiest kick to get right, but surely with practice...?

3. torcida

torcida Member

agree - nothin frustrates me more than a certain players takin mark 55-60out at the end of a qtr .. we know (they do as well) that they cant make a distance with a drop punt and they dont even attempt what we all want to see - big torp .. i miss old benny graham

4. silacious

silacious New Member

that hutchy goal was pretty good. But it could've gone anywhere it was a massive fluke.

the standard of footy is alot better than it used to be, with alot of recent retired players

5. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Learnt allot about Hutchie from watching the game.. 1. He apparently does have some sort of vague idea of how to handle the pill. And 2. sh!t me but does an hour in makeup and a desk normally do the man some favours on TV, couldn’t believe the how “straunnnnnie-esk” hutchies rig was running around..guess sitting around all day typing rubbish on a laptop doesn’t count as Physical exercise, (given that puck this I’m of to stare at the 12:30 aerobics class girls at the Gym).

6. tolla

tolla New Member

Lucas, from what i heard about Rocca, he went over and tried out for the nfl and was made some offers, but had to make the choice between punting there and family here...

7. kyuss

kyuss New Member

Wish they broadcast the Legends game up north.

8. DC

DC Member

Nice display picture '22nd_best_-
    on_Field' hahaha

9. 22nd_best_on_Field

<blockquote>Quote from DC on July 6, 2011, 13:14
    Nice display picture '22nd_best_-
    on_Field' hahaha</blockquote>

haha thank you very much Herald sun

10. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Moorcroft's mark had a great picture and in many ways a classic full extension, but I think Krakouer and Naitanui have taken it to a whole other level this season.

Krakouer the more classical mark getting a ride and the ball being a really high kick, etc.

For mine it's one of the best I've seen live, but of course I'm biased.

11. 22nd_best_on_Field

Arrhh but the swan diving doggie in the picture adds so much character to the mark..