Early Week Thoughts

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Apr 23, 2012.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Harry Cunningham to James McDonald, Stevie J to Dustin Martin. Thoughts?

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Stevie J to Martin is waste of a trade. Both are performing terribly. Much much better options then Martin out there. eg Dangerfield, Sidebottom

3. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Like the first trade, not sure on the second one, Martin hasn't shown anything to suggest he is a premium and worth an upgrade let alone a sideways trade and is probably set to lose even more value.

Question I have is Paul Duffield a candidate for a sneaky upgrade this round, priced at $431,400 and has had an injury affected score of 57 (from a half of football), take out that score and his average jumps from 94.5 to 107.33. Basically, is he a top 7 defender by season's end? The way most of the premium backs are travelling this season, I reckon he is. Not been given stupid tagging assignments this season and playing almost exclusively as the link man outta Freo's defence. Also avoids the round 13 bye which afflicts most of the top defenders.

4. 82asch

82asch New Member

McDonald definitely worth picking up as a correction trade. I'd like to know who people think is the better option out of Old Mcdonald and Treloer as I think I'll move Couch on myself. Stevie J to Martin is a bit of a waste IMO.

@ Angry - risky, depends on how many trades it takes you to get there, I reckon if you had the cash and could upgrade someone like Dempsey the answer to your question is maybe.

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

AA - I think he is definitely worth considering.

Freo have had some strange sub affected scores which have distorted prices of players - Mundy, Barlow, Duffield, Pearce.

At $431K he is a real point of difference but importantly one that seems to have a consistent and identifiable role at Freo. Freo have played a good mix of decent and poor teams, so his scores aren't distorted by the opposition, only by his subbing.

I was/am thinking no trades this week, but I could do one downgrade/upgrade as I have $210K in the bank. Moving on a cow this week is probably one week too early ... but it is tempting with a guy like Treloar on the bubble.

Magner perhaps for Treloar, put Kennedy in the mids and Treloar as F7, have $320K+ in the bank ... very tempting and could be used for an upgrade.

6. shickered

shickered New Member

I've also been considering Duffield along with Alex Rance but at this stage have decided on Michael Johnson to give a link to Smedts in future. Also, his scores seem to be fairly consistent this year although I haven't had a lot of chance to watch him play.

I'm trading out Carazzo from my DEF by the way. Big injury hits this year have got me down to 19 trades and carazzo will mean I burn another. Would love to turn Caddy (my mistake) into McDonald this week but not sure it's worth the trade... Thoughts?

7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Shickered - I traded Rance in 2 weeks ago and have been satisfied. 90point average the last 2, 100+ overall and has been playing really well. Gets a lot of contested ball too.

As for Old Mac - trade him in. handy to have a guy of his calibre in the side, especially if you are going to be without Ablett a couple of games. Plus, he'll earn you dosh too

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Only made 1 trade this season, so I feel it's time for some corrections.

Ledger->Old MacDonald
    Dickson-> Treloar

I want to keep Dickson but I need a playing emergency and they just don't seem to be giving him a game.

If I hold Dickson I'll be going Fyfe to Goddard (MPP enabled).

9. gogonz

gogonz New Member

hmmm..... thinking that my original vision for Pfeiffer is coming true.....

Might be just time in well too. Magner is topping out but next week should be fine. Either him or McDonald. Not convinced on Treloar just yet. Carrying a few GWS boys at teh moment but let's see what happens.

Sam shaw did nicely so he's on the radar as well.

10. Chicko

Chicko New Member

As I posted elsewhere, my big deliberation is Mummy and Fyfe.

Mummy is only playing every second week and if my two bench options don't play (Redden and Big O) then I'm looking at a big O! If Mummy is named then I think I will persist for one more week.

On Fyfe;
    Scenario 1: wait to see if he's named. If he's named do nothing...

Scenario 2: If named, or not named, trade out Coniglio and sub Fyfe to the mids and upgrade to Murphy - which gives me some decent cover whilst GAJ is out injured. However, it leaves me needing a cheap FWD position to fill (under $135k). Problem is I don't like much of what I'm seeing in cheap forwards....

Scenario 3: Trade out Coniglio for Old Mac and bank $115k. Trade Fyfe sideways to Lewis (bank $30k) or Sidey or Dangers (and bank the cash).

@gogonz, Sam Shaw also on my radar for next week.

@AA - also like the look of Duffield and is on the radar as a possible upgrade once the likes of Bugg / Morris and Ellis have finished their moo-ing.

Thoughts on the above?

11. gogonz

gogonz New Member

If Mummy is out then Sidebum is going to get a guernsey.

Mummy out, Stephenson in. Giles to R2 with Kruezer R1. Redden/Stephenson for cover.

Kennedy/Smith >>> Sidebum + $250k in the bank.

I know it's early to cull the cows but that will leave me with a 5 premium midfield, 4 premium backs + Lake, Bugg, Ellis and 4 premium fwds + porpoise, and 3 ordinary rookies.

Next week Pfeiffer in for Magner and Mohr to premium back. 16 trades still in the bank with 4 upgrades to go!

12. Spifflicator

Spifflicator New Member

Mumford's back issue has been diagnosed as an infection. No certainty to play this week, but trading him out would be a waste of a trade in my opion, so I won't be doing it.

None of my cows are ready to moo yet. SO trying to hold off trades for at least one more week if not 2 or 3, then I will trade my ass off to get to required number of premiums.

13. Superwolf

Superwolf New Member

I agree, let those cows moo! Magner, Shiel, Devon Smith, Kennedy, Hall, Milera need a few more weeks in the paddock!!

Sam Gibson, Tom Couch, Lachie Neale, Tom Mitchell, Tom Ledger will all play games over the next month or so. Always will be plenty of rookies to bring in when your cows are ready.

Check out out website dedicated to SuperCoach and AFL betting.

www.aflaftermath.com.au

On this week's podcast we have Bluebloods, ranked #15th overall in SuperCoach. Don't miss it!

Cheers

The Wolf

14. Oodles

Oodles New Member

Is this crap on every thread?

15. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Superwolf mate, you have to pay to advertise, so donate the required amount on the "donate" tab.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Duff man looks good but I do not trust Ross Lyin' one iota. Could revert him back to last season's poor scoring roles but all signs point towards a better scoring role this year. Could be a really astute pick as long as Freo doesn't get hit by injuries again.

Someone ban Superwolf.

17. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Oodles on April 23, 2012, 19:59
    Is this crap on every thread?</blockquote>

No, just the 3 he's posted on.. :D

18. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Happy to hold Magner & Mohr for another week and let them fatten some more. Next week, in with Shaw & Pfeiffer (Depending on how they go of course). Bugg is looking like a keeper at D7 or at least a very handy bench player.