Ed Curnow ? Does he fit Carlton ?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, Mar 16, 2011.

1. crew

crew New Member

Worth a shot for the dollars but does he fit Cartons structure ??.

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

anyone know about this? good question... I am interested too

3. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niw3btch2Z4&feature=player_embedded

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Seeing as Irons had a sore ankle from the weekend's game he could be another option. I've seen him in a few teams but no ideas where he fits their plans.

5. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Defence option from what I understand.

If he plays he'll play either deep back or on a half back flank.

Most of our rookies, plus Duigan, are all mid sized defenders.

Just my two cents worth...

6. He's looking a pretty strong option in my books, only problem is he looks like he'll be fighting for a spot with Duigan and Watson. Duigan's close to a lock but not sure where Curnow sits compared with Watson, Curnow getting the rookie spot is a good sign but with both Duigan and Watson already on the senior list its still pretty open

7. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Watson is a key defender whereas the other two are medium defenders who run and carry the ball.

IMO guys like Duigan and Curnow will be up against the likes of Armfield and Russell.

8. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

Curnow was a gun a Box Hill, spewing we didnt keep him

9. @ FixEmUp

Granted there are some different roles and styles there but with the Carlton backline this year its safe to assume that there will be lot of movement. With Yarran playing HB, Armfield, Russel, Duigan, Bower, Curnow also looking for a running defender role and Watson, Jamieson, Thornton, Scotland, Laidler and more than likely Walker to come back in once the forward line settles, for the key position. They're all going to need to show some versatility, and looking at the recruits I think Curnows a very good chance

10. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

I don't know where you guys are getting your mail from. Curnow will be playing as inside midfielder, the spot opened up by McLean's injury absence (and to a lesser extent Carrots and Houlihan). So his job security is dependent on the above trio's injuries and form.

Personally, I think he's been impressive in the pre-season, but I wouldn't bank on him playing in all of the first 7 games.

11. Probably just my opinion to be honest Hornsy, nothing confirmed or official but from what I've heard they want to ease him into it a bit and push him through defense before putting him into the mids. With Judd, Simpson, Carrazzo, Gibbs, Murphy, McClean when he's fit and Scotland, White and Ellard when he's fit slipping in from time to time I can't personally see hm getting much time in there early one. Again its just my opinion though and could very well be proved wrong

12. crew

crew New Member

Is a strange one this ....Dont know Blues very well so cant say what there thinking will be ...Interesting thought so far though.