Fantasy Freako Discussions

Discussion in 'AFL' started by spud, Mar 3, 2011.

1. spud

spud New Member

With the release of the first edition of Fantasy Freakos newsletter from the boys at Champion Data, I thought I'd start a topic where any discussions that arise from it can be placed.

We need to be mindful that the scores that are shown here will be DT scores as opposed to Supercoach ones. Because we can get the SC scores for the NAB matches already, it's not going to be much benefit, but where it does come in handy is for the NAB challenge matches, as we can see not only who played but who seemed to be involved in the play more than others (once again, they're DT scores so beware of reading too much into it).

With less and less NAB matches and more and more NAB challenge matches happening as teams get eliminated from the 'real' comp, we'll be getting less SC scores.

Thankfully they haven't included the rubbishy scores from the round robin format, only for the 'proper' length matches so there is only 1 week worth of data currently available.

2. spud

spud New Member

A few interesting notes from the fantasy freako twitter section at the end of each team page:

1: Robert Campbell is still up to 6 weeks away with an achillies injury so they doubt we'll see him early

2:Shaun Atley will be the Ryan Bastinac of 2009 (should obviously be 2010...same mistake as Mitchell in the little black book, get with the times people!)

3:Andrew Krakouer will be one of the bargains for the year, make sure you have him in your starting squad

4: Don't be alarmed with the output of Pavlich and Sandilands so far - being kept in cotton wool by coach.

5: Stevie J identified as Gazza Jr's replacement in the midfield this year which means there are some huge scores on the horizon.

6:Rioli has spent the pre-season playing off half back

7: Jack Darling (WC) is surely in the mix for a round1 debut. Looked at home in the Eagles forward line with 14 touches and 4 tackles

Most we probably already know as a number of these teams were still in the actual competition so finding scores/ watching the matches weren't too troublesome. But I'm sure there will be things to discuss as it becomes increasingly difficult to track down info about the challenge matches when there are more of them and they start moving to woop woop

3. Daveo

Daveo Member

The freako was not a bad a read, but did not give any ground breaking info we dont already know.

If anything it help the people who are new to the game.

4. boydshow

boydshow Guest

More impressed by the player reviews at the top of each page than the radar selections. Some odd picks amongst those, particularly midpricers. Must be a DT thing.

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Well it sitrred up the fwds debate with the mention of Chappy's calf.

Good read, but I think they got the Disposals per minute stuff wrong. Seems the wrong way around.

I wonder where that Stevie J info came from? I want sources!

6. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on March 3, 2011, 09:46
    Good read, but I think they got the Disposals per minute stuff wrong. Seems the wrong way around.
    </blockquote>
    Yeah it should read Minutes Per Disposal, not Disposals Per Minute