Final Mid Upgrade - wait?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by RV, Jun 4, 2011.

1. RV

RV New Member

Sorry for the long intro!

I think I know the answer, however keen to gauge thoughts on my slight dilemma. 1 up, 1 down definately.

Have cash to upgrade this week, Mzunga comes in and out goes 'x'. Thinking of waiting on my final Mid upgrade

Going for League only.

Current Mids: Pendlebury, Swan, Mundy, Selwood, Montagna + Pittard*
    *To be upgraded

Remaining lines:
    Backs: Lower (Hibberd + Lids on pine this week)
    Rucks - done
    Forwards - Darling Krak & Lynch (GC)

Honestly thinking the forward line needs an upgrade rather than final mid. Final mid possibilities include the obvious: Boyd, Jebus, Hodge and S Thompson.

Thoughts from the great TS'ers please...

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

So you have 3 other duds in the forward line bench?

If so yeah you might be best off getting another fwd.

That said I wouldn't want Pittard as my M6 for that much longer either. Most teams will have a full upgraded midfield after this weekend and you can't easily afford giving up that many points.

3. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I have a similar line up to yourself. I did 1-up/1-down in my forward line this week .. brought in Sylvia and Mzungu.

Your MID can wait. Might be opportune to bring in your final MID upgrade on the week of the Collingwood bye, to help you cover Swan, Pendles and Krak.

I plan on upgrading Krak and a MID in time for round 13.

4. liam584

liam584 New Member

I was in the same boat as you RV, I have Krak and Darling on the gound in my fwds, and had Atley on the ground in my mids. I talked myself into upgrading Atley for Thompson as I felt Krak and Darling would probably outscore him. Safe to say next weeks upgrade will be in my fwds!

5. RV

RV New Member

Granted on the M6, Pittard Ave 75 atm. Very handy thus far for me though.

On mids bench have Ilses, I Smith (m/f) and Hibberd (m/b) linking.

Forward line is:

Pav, Goodes, NRoo, Rioli, Darling, Krak, Lynch (dixon, prestia, richardson)

There are a lot of duds in there.
    Upgrades FWD - really only Stevie J or Sylvia realistically.

6. RV

RV New Member

Add in Buddy, however already have Rioli...

7. turbo

turbo New Member

Thompson and Hodge have low BEs so if you want either of them you may want to consider it this week.

8. RV

RV New Member

Well I took the plunge and brought in Sylvia up forward... oh dear! 30 points and being subbed during the first quarter. Harsh mistress be the SC!!!

Ablett backing up with another big score has me leaning towards grabbing him in the mids...

9. Golingo

Golingo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from RV on June 6, 2011, 17:36
    Well I took the plunge and brought in Sylvia up forward... oh dear! 30 points and being subbed during the first quarter. Harsh mistress be the SC!!!</blockquote>
    Haha, I did the same thing. We must have a very similar team at the same stage of upgrading.

If Sylvia isn't out this week, I can deal with it. I still won last round with his 30 anyway.

I have the cash to do two upgrades this round. Still don't know if I want to do a MID/FWD or something other.

My team is:

Deledio, Gibbs, Shaw, Goddard, Broughton, Stanley, Heppell, (Puopolo, Batchelor, Otten)

Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, Mundy, A Swallow, Harris, (Hibberd, Jacobs, Smith)

Cox, Smith (Sandlilands, Keeffe)

Franklin, Pavlich, N Riewoldt, Syliva, Yarran, Krakouer, Darling, (Mzungu, Lynch, Richardson)

10. Corks

Corks Member

I reckon the key is to upgrade mids first this year. I'm looking for 6 premium mids from this week, and will leave a spot un-upgraded forward and back. Simple reason really - the mid premiums are scoring 110-120+ every week, while the non-premiums (Harris, Krak, Libba, Cotchin, etc) are bouncing all over the place. Mid upgrade is almost guaranteed 40ppw improvement.

Hence this week mids will be Pendles, Judd, Selwood, Boyd, Pav and Swan (well, would be if he was in the country!). Will swing Pav forward in a couple of weeks and lose Darling, then will go with a Hodge or similar in the mids.