Financial Trades ?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Muttley, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Muttley

Muttley New Member

Looking at trades this week and was wondering if anybody else is doing a trade purely for the financial gain.

I'm going Duigan (306,700) to Andreoli (91,700),
    just to release the money. I'm aware Andreoli hasnt played and isnt likely to but he's the cheapest player on the list.

I have cover down back and didnt want to waste money buying a more expensive player to permanently live on my pine. The money this trade gives me can be added to Darling to get almost anybody up forward.

So far this SC year I've traded in players who are playing, but at this stage, I want the money more than the points from my bench.

Is that a bad move / tactic ?, or are there others doing the same ?.

(apologies for long post).

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

If you're gunna get 91k then go Rhys O'Keefe, at least he's named this week, on extended bench and more likely to get games than Andreoli, this is coming from a St Kilda supporter, O'Keefe i say...

3. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Was thinking the same move. Top of my league and going to cash in on a few cows for MPP sows. Use money and final trades come finals.

Go for it

4. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

you'd be better of picking MPP guys than those that have a very slim chance of playing. I believe Andreoli is D/M so he would be good.

but you have to think about it, is 10k going to make much difference?

5. Muttley

Muttley New Member

@ Sainter, Andreoli gives the Def / Mid movement options, I wouldn't pick O'Keefe just because he's getting games, I dont need to generate cash at this time, so it doesnt matter if they play or not tbh.

@ AndrewW, thats my thinking mate, gonna cash in, like most of us, got a fair amount of dollars spread along the bench, gonna take some of it.

Thanks for replies.

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Muttley
    Okay that makes sense if you're chasing a D/M