First to Upgrade - Mids, Backs, Fwds, Rucks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Dirty Dog, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Hi Everyone,

Currently have a the following Rookie numbers:

FWDS - 5
    MIDS - 3
    RCKS - 3
    BACK - 4

Premiums Having Byes:
    Rnd 11 Rnd 12 Rnd 13
    4 6 5

Rookies Having Byes:
    Rnd 11 Rnd 12 Rnd 13
    10 2 3

According to the above, can anyone give me their opinion on where my upgrades should be focused on.

Should I just start with the mids? Im not worried about using all 3x3 trades during this period (or should I be?).

I will definitely trade heavily leading up to and during the first bye Rnd 11 to updrade Rookies (cash, injuries and form pending)..

Your thoughts!

2. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Upgrade a midfielder that's where your points should come from. If Giles is rested/injured/suspended you might trade a ruck in first.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Upgrade should focus on the best deal you can get, and keeping the best team you can on the field.

It's never cut and dried, though some deals (e.g Goodes under $400k at times) can be too hard to ignore.

5 rookies is a lot in the forward line, and I'd be pretty sure there will be options for you to upgrade there before any other line, so you can do a one-up one-down trade, rather than needing a 3 for one.

4. matto76

matto76 New Member

wait a sec your saying you have 15 premiums, near on impossible to have, by the sounds of it you have a few mid pricers more to the point that may or may not work thats where your trades are going to end up to start with. As some may work some might not.