fooled by richmonds early form

Discussion in 'AFL' started by rampaging_redlegs, Apr 20, 2012.

1. rampaging_redlegs

rampaging_redlegs New Member

i have been fooled by richmonds early form in nab cup and in doing so loaded up on players. my issue is that some of these are going great guns deledio and cotchin but others are dragging down my scoring ability martin and j roo. my question is do i trade these two out before they bleed off to much cash or stick with them ?
    possible pick ups are n Roo , hawkins, sidebootom , whitecross any help will be appreciated
    i am leaning to the first two at the moment but unsure at this stage

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I'd trade Jack Riewoldt. I'd hold the rest - Martin will come good, the other two averaging 118 a game.

Beyond that, who you trade in is up to you. But JRoo for mine would have to go.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Make your own call mate.
    Also look at the teams clubs have played.

Tigers have played Carlton and at least a fairly strength Collingwood team.

Saints have beaten very little, hence N Roo form could be a mirage and you may have missed his best weeks - i.e. you pay full price but you get little in return.

WhiteX has started well but Hodge returning soon...or a few different options might limit his scoring. Seems like a McQualter type of player for mine, and they don't average over 100 for long.

Sidebottom I think lacks penetration in his kicking but will go around the 90-95 zone.

The Tomahawk could be the real deal I must admit. And J Roo, well I'm not so sure.

Martin will be better and has shown at least a spark in the first few games, where J Roo hasn't really fired a shot.

Personally I'd wait, but waiting is what lots of people reckon I do too much of.

4. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I'm giving Jack one last crack before swapping him for Sidebottom.
    The better scoring forwards are getting rotational runs through the midfield atm,
    not confident in Jroo being up to that.