Geelong V Port Challenge

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Benny, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Benny

Benny New Member

Just thought I'd let you know that Geelong will be streaming this game on their website Friday night.

I just received this message.

Great news Cats fans! Tomorrow night's game will be shown live on www.geelongcats.com.au! There will be no commentary however so you'll need to do that yourself... Match starts at 7pm. Go Cats!!!

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Good on ya Benny, just come on here to post same thing, will also be streaming on Port site too but with commentary from Barry Curtin - stream starts 6.45pm (SA time) match starts @ 7 - should be a good solid hitout for both clubs

3. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Awesome news! That'll give me something to watch while waiting for the Essendon game to start! :D

4. stowie

stowie Moderator

Richmond V Hawthorn game will be streamed online as well. Likin' it.

5. Bearfly

<blockquote>Quote from stowie on March 3, 2011, 17:27
    Richmond V Hawthorn game will be streamed online as well. Likin' it.</blockquote>

Yeah, Richmond and Port collaborated last week to provide a stream for fans of both clubs - looks like the way things are going for these NAB challenge games now - good on the clubs for doing it for their fans!!!

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

"Live in Port Lincoln - if you've never been, come for a visit - great place and breeding ground of great indigenous players"

Isn't that where Byron got done for DUI?

7. Bearfly

Nah, that was up in Port Augusta - but he was from here originally, along with quite a few other good indigenous players

8. spud

spud New Member

Very pleased to hear the games are being streamed live.
    Much more enjoyable watching the game than simply reading about it.

9. TerryinBangkok

Much of the "chatter" during the Port-Tigers was for the clubs to keep providing streaming and comment for the season proper. People just fed up with being stuffed around by TV and the 2.5 million dollar man.

10. Bearfly

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on March 4, 2011, 12:46
    Much of the "chatter" during the Port-Tigers was for the clubs to keep providing streaming and comment for the season proper. People just fed up with being stuffed around by TV and the 2.5 million dollar man.</blockquote>

And i'm one of them - getting sick of the tv coverage of games and hearing all those meatheads who call themselves commentators continually call Port Adelaide Port Power, FFS it's about time they got it through their thick heads, how many times do they have to be told!!!

11. @ Bearfly

Sorry for making you put up with another meat-head but is that just because they are the Port Adelaide Power not simply Port Power or have I been calling them the wrong thing too?

12. Bearfly

@ BlueBeliever
    It's the Port Adelaide Football Club, and Power is the nickname - just like you support the Carlton Football club who's nickname is the Blues!!! (BTW - used to follow them a bit as a youngen, loved Brucey Doull) :)

13. Too easy, I'll remember that from now on as to not offend any Port supporters then. Cheers for that mate.
    Brucey and Jez will always be legends!

14. Bearfly

Good 2 see your club picked up a couple of quality big backs from SA in the draft - should get some really valuable service from them over the years

15. Yeah I was pretty pleased too, we definately needed them. Still waiting for the AFL to put together a proper State of Origin though, SA v TAS or NSW would definately be worth seeing IMO. VIC isn't the only state that can breed decent footy players

16. Bearfly

Would love to see the former State of Origin format back, but i think it's dead n buried now :( Gee there's been some classic games - and i honestly don't buy into some people's view that we see it all the time coz we don't, all we see is club footy at a national level!!!

17. Spot on, I equate our "State of Origin" games to be the same thing as the US All-Star games or Pro-Bowl. Big difference! I'll just have to keep hoping I guess...

18. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Vics would smash their opposition I reckon.

19. Probably, but I don't know if it'd be one sided as you think.

Big names from SA for example:

Chad Cornes
    Kane Cornes
    Adam Cooney
    Ryan Griffen
    Shaun Burgoyne
    Bryce Gibbs
    Samuel Fisher
    Corey Enright
    Danyle Pearce
    Matthew Pavlich
    Bernie Vince
    Jared Rivers
    Nathan Bock
    Alan Didak
    Adam Goodes

20. TerryinBangkok

@Bearfly

I hear you, but I differ in opinion a little bit.

There is only one Port Adelaide Football Club. The nickname is 'Port'.

Glad somebody else gets their hackles up with 'power', which was simply a marketing dream of the AFL when Port went national and a quick stomp of the foot from HQ to make sure there was no suggestion of being called Magpies.

Don't really give a toss what others call us - we know who and what we are.