GF Rucks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by kahn, Aug 31, 2011.

1. kahn

kahn New Member

So i've made the GF this year and have two trades for the GF, my team is set but it looks as though Dean Cox will be rested, Paddy Ryder has the bye and I dont really have a lot of cash...

What two ruckman are primed to score big this round???

Thanks guys

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Sandilands always primed to score big, up against Ben Hudson, not sure about recent records.

Jamar V Lobbe? Brogan might get up for his last game though.
    Goldstein against DUD Graham, out muscles Vickery and I doubt Brown will play.

Goldy the Stand out.

Jolly V Ottens'
    Z.Smith/Fraser V Hale/Bailey
    Hudson V Sandilands
    Mumford V Leuenberger
    Kreuzer V McEvoy
    NicNat V Jacobs
    Lobbe V Jamar (Brogan?)
    Vickery/Graham V Goldstein

Goldstein obviously I'd take, Sandilands always scores well, but wasn't it Hudson who played well on him last time? Jamar against Lobbe if Broges doesn't get up for his last game.

3. kahn

kahn New Member

Thanks sainter, heaps of detail right there, do you think coxy is a chance to play in the last round? If so should i trade for cash, then ryder to Mumford???

I also have Lobbe on my bench, should i consider him to play?

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I think that he's most likely to get rested this week, to be fresh for finals and to make sure that his ribs are good, make sure you wait for the final teams on Friday 5:00 to see if he's in or out.
    IMO, wait as close to Lock Out as you can to do your trades, say half an hour or an hour before, just to make sure Cox is most likely playing, he may be late exclusion though.

If it looks like he's playing downgrade someone other than Lobbe for enough cash as you need to trade Ryder for Mumford, then you'll have Cox and Mummy
    with Lobbe on the bench (correct?), so I'd definitely have Lobbe emergency in the Ruck reserves just in case the Eagles name Cox but then decide to rest him and take him out as late exclusion.

This is just me, you might not agree.
    Hope I've helped.

5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

After seeing Cox's eye closed up on Saturday night, it would not surprise me to see him miss this week - Eagles still have NicNat and can bring in Lycett who performed admirably in his debut a few weeks ago.

TBH, I hope to see Cox out because that'll help me win my GF's - all my opponents have Cox as their main ruck with their #2 as either Goldie or McEvoy, with only a selection of Smith, Petrie or Lobbe as back-ups - whereas I kept hold of Sandi & have had the luxury of deciding between Cox, Goldie & Sandi recently - made the right call on the weekend by benching Cox mainly because I was concerned he'd be rested from the arduous trip to Brissy - helped get me into 5/5 GF's :)

6. bfish

bfish New Member

Goldie concerns me this week with McIntosh being in the mix. His rucking time will go from 80-20 to maybe 50-50. The reason we have seen massive scores from most rucks this year is they have gone it alone.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Appartenly North are resting tons of their players this week. Sending them off for surgery. Be wary of Goldy i think..

8. kahn

kahn New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Sainter on August 30, 2011, 22:40
    I think that he's most likely to get rested this week, to be fresh for finals and to make sure that his ribs are good, make sure you wait for the final teams on Friday 5:00 to see if he's in or out.
    IMO, wait as close to Lock Out as you can to do your trades, say half an hour or an hour before, just to make sure Cox is most likely playing, he may be late exclusion though.

If it looks like he's playing downgrade someone other than Lobbe for enough cash as you need to trade Ryder for Mumford, then you'll have Cox and Mummy
    with Lobbe on the bench (correct?), so I'd definitely have Lobbe emergency in the Ruck reserves just in case the Eagles name Cox but then decide to rest him and take him out as late exclusion.

This is just me, you might not agree.
    Hope I've helped. </blockquote>

Thanks again Sainter, I saw Cox on the chanel 10 news saying he wanted to play, but when was the last time you heard a player say he didn't want to play? In that same news segment they said they wanted to rest Natanui... so who knows whats going to happen!!

But yeah cheers for the help!

9. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Will be pretty p###ed off if cox misses this week after soildering on, was hoping he would miss 2 weeks ago catching people short (kangaroos bye) and gaining some points as i had bailey as my backup. Again bailey as backup last week 90plus, Problem is hawthorn might rest bailey vs GC this week so i could have cox / bailey missing leaving me mummy / jtip (O),

not good with 5 GF and sitting 11th trying to crack top 10

Already got newman, fyfe , pavlich , heppel on the pine. Might be some pain this round, really dont want to end the year on a bitter note!

10. 82asch

82asch New Member

I picked up Cox for the run home and he has been a big let down! Luck of SC I guess, but if I had my time again I would have picked up Mummy at the start of Round 20 instead of Cox. Has a bad record against the Lions but also had a bad record against the Cats and was outstanding last weekend!