Goddard & Dempster cleared of injury

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, May 29, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Thought it was worth its own thread. Both flew back from Perth last night. No word on if either will be right to play next week just yet, with early indications they are both 50/50 to play.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/114992/default.aspx

<blockquote>Medical staff at the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital cleared Brendan Goddard and Sean Dempster, who were both able to travel home with the team after Saturday's game against Fremantle at Patersons Stadium.

Dempster was given the ok to travel after sustaining a concussion in the final minutes of the game.

After leaving the field during the first quarter, a series of x-rays have cleared Goddard of any injury to the neck.

In other injury news, Tom Lynch suffered a dislocated finger and Jason Blake has a suspected knee injury with further investigation required.</blockquote>

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Goddard says doctors have given him the all clear to play next weekend. But assuming that depends on how he pulls up over next few days!!

3. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Damn thats good news! After Tapscott, Sandilands, Rioli, Swan (possibly) , Judd (almost) I cringe every time I see one of my guys go down these days!