Goddard

Discussion in 'AFL' started by H_Dons, Mar 29, 2012.

1. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Am I crazy not to have him in my team?

I have Shaw in his place atm. Just thinking in similar fashion to last year, high (not as high this year I know) price, saints are an unknown in terms of how they will go this year, and Shaw is primed to take over the back half for himself (lets face it, Clarke/Yags are not going to pinch many points off him).

Thoughts? Who else doesn't have any Goddard? Anyone?

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I don't have Goddard in my team.

3. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

No God in my team

4. I have Goddard but think he is over-priced for what he'll likely do this season. I still think he'll be top 10 in defence but don't think he's really value for money ATM. Main reason I have him is I only see my other defenders being close to sure things to score around that too

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

I have him, but wouldnt mind getting rid of him, but who to put in? I already have birch shaw lids?

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Your only really missing broughton Fitzy36, he is on par with Birch IMO. I traded Goddard for shaw and used the extra cash to turn Griffen into Murphy.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Goddard was one highest ranked players in 2011, having one his worst seasons of his career. Just have to ask yourself, will he have a worse season then 2011?

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Both Goddard and Saints will have a worse season in 2012 than 2011 in my opinion.

9. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

Sorry STK but I have lost all faith in your stars no Goddard for me.

10. TN

TN Wanderers

No Goddard for me......Last year he was getting the forward tag when playing loose in backline and it started to impact his scoring. This year I can't see him playing any more time in mid vs last year with Lenny back, so can't see where the upside will come from. I am also leaving Scotland out, which is the one I am more concerned about.

11. Fedor

Fedor New Member

I really think the Saints are going to slide, but I'm not sure Goddard will follow. He had a comparatively bad year last year, but it is still better than any year Shaw has ever had. However, Shaw has looked better in the pre-season. I really don't know who to pick out of the two, I don't need the extra cash, but if Shaw plays better, then the cash is a bonus.