Gold Coast rookies - how long before they moo!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Steve, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone have any concerns about the performance of the Gold Coast players in regards to their point scoring potential for Supercoach? As you know, Supercoach tends to reward players from the winning team and with Gold Coast getting belted each week, there will not be many points on offer for the Gold Coast players. This will result in taking a longer time for some of the Gold Coast rookies mooing before they can be traded out. Plus the fact they 2 have byes in the first round 9 means we could potentially not trade out any of them until the mid season.

This is starting to concern me and I am interested in other people's thoughts? I personally cant see Gold Coast winning any more than 2 games this year and even then I am being optimistic. I am even tempted to trade Swallow for either Curnow/Libba. I can't justify having that amount of money tied up with a rookie when it is going to take forever for them to reach their peak.

Let me know your thoughts are?

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Swallow, Harris, Stanley did OK amidst the carnage I thought.

I'd be surprised if Harris doesn't maintain the rage that I couldn't kill him off by Round 8 or so.

The issue is more if you've loaded up with Toy/Coad/Hunt or someone like that. They will take an eternity to moo.

I have Toy and Coad, so I'm thinking Coad out for Heppell this week. Gives me a handy midfielder as part of the deal.

On Curnow/Libba, I still think they have way less Sub/Job Security than Swallow and Harris. Neither of them will get a sub unless Guy McKenna is stoopider than we think.

Personally I hope everyone jumps on Libba because he will take a week longer to fully mature with his bye in R4. He might be eased back in the games vs Freo and Collingwood thereafter.

Curnow has Pies then Dons, then even Adelaide who could make it tough on him. I think though with his large body, he is definitely on my watch list. Can't not be.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Also Matera is a jet. Prestia looked classy. I liked Bennell, he had some very smooth possies.

Smith is an out-and-out cow from Round 6 onwards or a perfect backup for Sandi-Cox. Dixon looked good, would be very handy at most AFL clubs.

Majority of our good selections did well.

Just the backline were stuffed, which is understandable given they were under siege the entire night.

My back line has 3 GC players so I'm starting to feel it with Toy-Coad-Stanley. I will have to trade this week no doubt, with Coad in the firing line.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Stanley looked alright, and Toy did well for being a sub, has some talent.

Maybe be forced to take Libba over Curnow in order to get Heppell in. Or can someone donate me a could of grand?