Good Non-Decisions?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by the_steadier, Aug 11, 2012.

1. the_steadier

the_steadier Moderator

Just musing over a couple of non-decisions i've made this year that i've been happy with.

(anything to distract from another lamentable overall ranking).

1. Back before Round 11 Buddy and Roughead were even money. I went with Roughead and the very next week Buddy smashed out a 200. Gulp.
    But most of my reasoning was that buddy always misses games (usually suspension). Fast forward to now and Im happy with the pass on buddy.

2. Despite all the talk about Chappy and him being over his hammy troubles...like clockwork he's gone ping again.

Neither of these are earth shattering.... just nice when a decision to avoid pays off. :)

2. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

It's not a great non-decision however it's more of a trade I am happy with. Back in Round 5 or 6 Beams and Sidebottom were about even money (Steele was a bit more expensive). Sidebottom was averaging 118 and Beams had started the year with three 60's. Went with Beams who has absolutely ripped it since and Sidey has dropped off a bit.

3. BJWNFI

BJWNFI Member

For me, selecting Rowe from Carlton as my RUC/FWD swing man along with Hale. Whilst in hindsight Roughead would have been the better option over Hales (except this weekend!), the ability to swing Hale from RUC to FWD and back again have saved my arse many a time on both lines

4. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

<blockquote>Quote from the_steadier on August 11, 2012, 00:04
    Just musing over a couple of non-decisions i've made this year that i've been happy with.

(anything to distract from another lamentable overall ranking).

1. Back before Round 11 Buddy and Roughead were even money. I went with Roughead and the very next week Buddy smashed out a 200. Gulp.
    But most of my reasoning was that buddy always misses games (usually suspension). Fast forward to now and Im happy with the pass on buddy.

2. Despite all the talk about Chappy and him being over his hammy troubles...like clockwork he's gone ping again.

Neither of these are earth shattering.... just nice when a decision to avoid pays off. :)</blockquote>

Karma's a bitch!

5. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Not picking up McQualter in round 10 after his first two games produced 80 and 94. I actually thought he would average 85ish in the Suns midfield.

Not trading out Ablett when he got injured.

6. Beauy

Beauy New Member

Only 2 trades left with Swan on the bench and knock out final this week. With him on the bench I still have two on the filed that need upgrading.

Do I?

Keep Swan for one more week and trade up one of the others or..

Go hard and trade Swan and upgrade a cheapie?

7. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

Interesting idea for a thread.

One of my best non-decisions was around Toby Greene. When he missed a game in rd9 I considered dumping him, figuring he'd peaked. But I decided to be patient and he came back and rewarded by increasing his avg from 80 to just under 100. Filled the M6 spot for a little while when I had a few mid injuries, and may well have won me a couple of narrow games.