goodes in the wet??

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lethaldons, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Hi guys had a 50/50 response on if i should leave nroo on the bench this week or jroo on the pine, other option is to bench goodes and play both the reiwoldts instead.
    Reason is goodes playing in adelaide and forecast 16 windy and rain, also looking at his stats his avg against adeladie hasnt been that good!! Can anyone tell me if goodes plays well in the wet??

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Nick Riewoldt should play.

I think Jackeroo should play as Jamison isn't.

I'm thinking Goodes should play as well.

Do you have any other spuds?

3. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

no i dont lucas ive gone with an extra prem mid/fwd to cover byes and this is 1 of 3 rounds where i have the luxry/headache of benching a prem ! other fwds that im definatley playing are fyfe,pavlich (playing gc), chapman, steviej (playing essendon) , franklin (huge avg against pies), and my mids are set with ablett, hodge, judd, pendulbury, swan, boyd,

So the option is out of the cousins and goodes on who to bench?? dont think im going to be happy if i pick the wrong one already had smiths 112 on the bench last week to go with batchelors 91

4. wolfbunny

wolfbunny New Member

It really came down against Carlton back in round 6 where Judd caned them for contested poss but Goodes could only get 47. No influence on the game except for a late rally in middle but I do stand to be corrected on that last statement.
    No Jamison should help JRoo, the Push up King adds bite for them and a lift from the Tiges midfield?
    Rossy Lyon likes to try different things to help his players lift and NRoo is in dire need of that! The week off to change the style of Saints footy, is that long enough?
    For me I have NRoo and Goodes both Prems so no other course of action both play if picked in their sides which is the case.

5. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

wolf,

I remember the commentators saying Goodes was injured last night, and he did look in a bad way, so that probably isnt a good game to judge his wet weather performances in

6. whips

whips New Member

There is a thread on this which I started a coupla months ago.
    Search forums for 'Wet Weather Scoring' and read the 10-12 posts which I reckon were quite interesting.
    The best post IMO was from 'hippy' who I haven't seen on this site for some time.
    He correctly predicted that clearances were the key to scoring high in the wet.
    Given that Goodes ain't a clearance king and that his other major attributes suffer in the wet - he's useless when it rains.
    Goodes' wet weather game against Carlton has been mentioned above where he scored 47. The other wet weather game that I can remember this year was against Richmond where he scored 53.
    Yes, I know this comes too late to alter your team but hope it can be stored for future reference.

7. whips

whips New Member

Goodes 100+ in the wet and in a losing team. Ain't I a dickhead? Don't answer that.

8. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

Bloody weather! Unpredictable

9. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

lucky i stuck with goodes!!!

10. Sainter

Sainter New Member

What I get from this is that worse positions score better :D , I think from now on though if you have the chance to bench a premo it would J Roo each time, just my opinion, no Jamison but was held by Lachie Henderson, a reason why I never picked up Jack Riewoldt is because he doesn't get much ppssessions, quite often he'll get 7-15 touches and a few goals, that doesn't get him many points.

11. wolfbunny

wolfbunny New Member

Still think if you have the skills like Goodes does that will come to the top.
    Having said that I've just looked at the HeraldSun stats and his efficiency is only at 63%. And yet he was the most influential Swans player on the ground regarding Supercoach points?
    Don't have foxtel so didn't see any of the game but I might make a guess that he may of played more in the middle than forward last night?
    If compared to my earlier reference that he was in the forward area for most of the game against Carlton. This would be a POD of difference regarding his output between the two games and where the coaches need him in any given game of football.
    Like a lot of the good players you need a few of them in every position!

12. broge

broge New Member

I dont understand how goodes got that score, biggest load of bs!!