Goodes to Lester trade

Discussion in 'AFL' started by ThommoDees, May 7, 2013.

1. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Is anyone else seriously considering trading Goodes for Lester this week? He's set for a nice price rise, but is anyone convinced he will maintain a 90+ ave?

2. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

The thought had crossed my mind. It depends on what you want to achieve out of the trade.
    1) Most people who haven't traded out Goodes yet, expect him to be a D6/7 Keeper - if you're one of these people then you'll want to bring him straight back in next week, so you'll burn two trades to make maybe $60-70k. 2) If you do trade Goodes to Lester, but find you want them both, then wouldn't it be better upgrading a Heath / Stevenson type to Lester? - that way you get two cheap potential keepers, and only burn one trade. 3) If you don't want to keep Goodes, then you probably should have traded him last week (unless you missed every other bullet, in which case, congratulations!!!), then it'd be better upgrading to someone more reliable, such as one of the Essendon boys (yes, I do realise how silly 'Essendon' and 'reliable' are in the same sentence in the current climate, but thus far Goddard, Heppell, and Hibberd have proven to be just that). 4) If you don't have the cash, and want to use Lester as a stepping stone to one of the above (or someone similarly priced), then it could be valuable - on current output he will make some decent cash over the next few weeks, and give you a good points haul, so even if he ends up falling, or being dropped when bigger names come back into the Brissie side, at-least he will have done his part for your team. 5) Its only one more week that you have to wait for Goodes to come back, so if you have doubts about Lester and his ability to maintain the form of his first two games, then it might be best to just wait it out.
    It all depends on what your over-all strategy is mate, and what you hope to get out of this trade.

3. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

What is Lester's story?
    Played rds 2 and 6, smashing it both times... Other than that, I know nothing about him. Any help?
    As far as the suggested trade, seems a little sideways to me. As mentioned by JPK, Goodes is back next week anyway. He still has massive cash to generate, (albeit a little slower) and is proven over 5 weeks. (Fair pedigree too!)
    PA backman to Lester? That's sounding more like it.

4. cuffy

cuffy New Member

i have just put lester in forStevenson. Seems a good choice for me avgs 15 touches a game with good efficiency. think he hurt he'sabductor in round 2 and was why he was out and I would keep goodes if you can should avg around 90 for the year

5. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

Nice to see someone else is enticed by the quick cash available from Lester. For me Plan A is trade C. Heath to Vlastuin (planning to keep him as D6 and also as the float D/M with Goodes) and then Dwyer to A. Walker (beforeits too late). Plan B is Heath to Lester and Dwyer to Daisy Thomas. Daisy'spropensity to miss with injury scares me though.
    Can't really decide which one butleaningtowards bringing Vlastuin in as I reckon his JS is pretty good and he showed some good signs against Cats.
    Any opinions greatly accepted.

6. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Great feedback guys, cheers.
    I've decided to keep Goodes and trade Stevenson for Vlastuin, cause I want to bank some cash to bring Priddis and Watson into my mids next wk.