Harvey Gone!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by scarrgo, Sep 16, 2011.

1. scarrgo

scarrgo New Member

Harvey Gone!
    Nearly two weeks after the season closing.
    Whats going on??

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@scarrgo

Yeah was really surprised by that, it's not like he was coaching crap with injuries to Barlow, Mundy, Sandilands, Suban and being forced to play 2 ROOKIES in the Final Round with permission from the AFL because they didn't even have 22 players to pick, unbelievable!

3. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

I think this is how the conversation went: "Thanks for your services harves. I know we've had about 36000 injuries this year- and we had to ask the afl to change the rules because we didnt have enough players-and i know you've only had three years as senior coach, blooded some youngsters and won a final. But the thing is, we got Ross Lyon. See ya later."

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@hawks2008

Uhmmm, Ross Lyon is coaching the Saints next year, accoring to Nettlefold

5. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Hopefully we get more details than what has come out so far because at the moment this is nothing short of bizarre.

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Very strange isn't it! I thought Harvey was doing a great job. And he had improved his public persona a lot since his early days as a head coach too.

They must have a big name to take over... Lyon is probably only one to fit the bill. Bomber Thompson or choc Williams maybe , but not likely.

I'm very keen to hear what's going on behind this decision.

7. patash

patash New Member

wow, didnt see this coming!!! they would of had to land a decent fish aka.. ross lyon,mick malthouse or possibly paul roos???

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

Cya Ross Lyon

9. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Melbourne are gonna be pissed if Ross Lyon goes to Fremantle now.

10. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

From all reports, Eade is going to take over the job at Freo. I thought Harvey did a fantastic job at Freo, completely turned over the list and has found a few gun players, e.g Fyfe.

11. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Confirmation on SEN that Ross Lyon will coach the dockers next year. this is massive news.

12. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

13. Manikato1

Manikato1 New Member

No- all reports are saying Ross Lyons at Freo next year. Announcement tomorrow morning 9 am Perth time

14. Manikato1

Manikato1 New Member

Channel 7 just reported Ross Lyons has told St Kilda he will not be their coach next year. Offcial press release from St Kilda.

15. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

3AW speculating that Harvey "over-rided" the medical staff one too many times.

16. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Saints could do worse than pick up Harvey, I hear he's out of a gig for 2012...

17. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Upsets the apple cart a bit. Melbourne and Saints will be climbing over each other for one of Eade or Harvey. And Mick and Lethal sit on the rails with cards firmly to the chest.

Maybe Harves to the Doggies and Rocket to the Saints, but these decisions are never based on common sense.

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I'd like Mark Harvey to come to the Saints.
    I'm not one for Rodney Eade though...

Paul Roos, Leigh Matthews, Mick Malthouse, Ken Hinkley, Rodney Eade, Mark Harvey, Leon Cameron, Scott Burns, Ross Lyon?, there's a wide range of coaches to choose from.... and rightly so with so many clubs looking for a coach

Adelaide (Craig sacked), Michael Voss (Fairly New Coach), Carlton (Ratten still coaching), Collingwood (Will be Buckley), Essendon (Hird is a new coach), Fremantle (Harvey sacked, Ross Lyon?) Geelong (Chris Scott first year coach, yet good record) Gold Coast (new team, Bluey McKenna new coach), GWS (Sheedy, coaching legend at new club), Hawthorn (Clarkson, premiership coach), Kangaroos (Brad Scott, pretty new and a developing team) Melbourne (Bailey sacked, Viney caretaker, wanting Lyon), Port Adelaide (Primus first year), Richmond (Hardwick pretty new coach and a very young team), St Kilda (Lyon walks), Sydney (Longmire pretty new coach), West Coast (Woosha Worsfold), Bulldogs (no more Eade)

LOTS of new coaches, sackings and some big fish in the sea, exciting off season to see who gets who..

I don't know what Harvey did wrong, nothing I presume, probably just landed Ross Lyon or something and were tryig their luck, they sack Harvey to make room for the big King George Whiting....
    Come to the Saints Harvey...!

19. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Reports in today's Adelaide Advertiser state Brisbane are pretty confident of landing Craig as director of coaching - although Craig is still weighing up his numerous offers and will make a decision in by the end of the month.

Ahh, the coaching merry-go-round - keeps everyone on their toes after their teams have been eliminated from finals contention :p

20. Sainter

Sainter New Member

who knows? maybe Baker and Eddy could get un-retired!
    Seriously want Mark Harvey though, look at the finds that he got with Fremantle, Broughton (I think, or did Connolly get him), Barlow, Mzungu, Fyfe, Clark, Silvagni, even Morabito was up at #4 Draft Pick.