Have You Had A Turning/Tipping Point This Season?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Have You Had A Turning Point This Season?

My SC Scores, Averages & Leagues.
    Rounds 1-7
    SC Average: 1,999.14286
    League Games Won (1-3&7)(5 Leagues): 6 Wins
    League Games Lost: 14 Losses
    Trades Used: 6

My SC Scores, Averages & Leagues.
    Rounds 8-17
    SC Average: 2218
    League Games Won (8-15&17): 38
    League Games Lost: 12
    Trades Used: 16

What Turned My Season Around?

Trading & Higher Performances from my Lesser Players

Who Did I Bring In?
    Paul Chapman
    Isaac Smith
    Matt Suckling
    Max Bailey
    Bryce Gibbs
    Ben Jacobs
    Colin Sylvia
    Tendai Mzungu
    Matthew Boyd
    Scott Thompson
    Mitchell Golby
    Sam Fisher
    Ian Callinan
    Jared Brennan
    Matthew Lobbe
    Rory Thompson

I think the inclusion of the 9 Guns has kept me in it, make that 10 if you include me bringing in pendlebury this week. The up one-down one hasworked extremely well. But i think that some other players have really pulled their finger out since Round 8;
    Greg Broughton - Averaged 103 since R8
    Brendon Goddard - Averaged 115 + Friday Night
    Ben McEvoy - Averaged 115 + friday Night

Even Nick Riewoldt, Leigh Montagna & Bryce Gibbs have improved heaps in the past couple of weeks. But another one would be;

CAPTAINS
    Since Round 8 my Captains Have Averaged 231. A couple of bad choices with Boyd twice when he failed to top 100, but all others have been very good. Improved on my 1-7 Captains, they averaged about 205. '

Have also climbed 48,705 in the Overall to be placed 20,932 right now. Thanks TS for this help and you have helped me immensely to improve this yar. A BIG thanks to all of TS, to everyone.

So have you had a turning point this season? what has it been? Has it been to rise in the rankings, averages or leagues or drop in rankings, averages or leagues?

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@wolfbunny
    Yeah I've just changed it now.

3. BleedingPurpleAndWhite

BleedingPurpleAndWhite New Member

I've averaged about 2350 since Round 11. The key was Captain Choices and Trades. Remember that week that Judd & Ablett both went 180+? Well, yeah, I was extremely lucky, had Judd Captain and had just traded in Judd 1 week before. Nick Dal Santo was at M6 with Bartel at M7 and when he got concussion I just downgraded him which allowed me to pick up Newman to finish off my team and have been fairly lucky with some 150+ scores.

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

In donor $$ league that's ranked 10th oa. I'm coming last and out of finals contention, but there was still a slight turning point.

1st 10 rounds were shite! I was lucky enough to sneak 1 win in that period but was regularly being beaten by about 200 points.

Rounds 11 to 17 been much better. Still only won 2 of those 6 games, but had a 3 point loss, and other losses by margins of 39, and 106 (against top 3 side).

So the teams doing a bit better lately, but overall very dissapointed...
    The actual turning [read tipping] point for me was the Friday announcement of teams for round 1. Prior to that I was full of confidence, hope and planning, but then everything quickly/rapidly went downhill!