Heath Shaw, Suspended Suspension?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by nolanb13, Mar 21, 2012.

1. nolanb13

nolanb13 New Member

If you gentlemen recall, last year Shaw was hit with a heavy 14 match suspension, with 6 of those weeks suspended. This allowed him to play in the finals series, as 8 of those matches were served last year. HOWEVER, what is happening to those remaining 6 weeks? Is he going to play Rd 1? When will he finish his suspension?

Just thought I'd clear this up as my mates are convinced he isn't playing.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Suspended sentences are added to what would have been the penalty for a second transgression.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

And from memory the second transgression would have to be gambling, not in addition to any tribunal (e.g. pushing an umpire as he has done in the past) sentence.

Haven't got it cleared up.

Because if I were his opponent, I'd wrestle him and knock him out of action for 6 wks on a melee charge.

4. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on March 20, 2012, 21:20
    And from memory the second transgression would have to be gambling, not in addition to any tribunal (e.g. pushing an umpire as he has done in the past) sentence.

Haven't got it cleared up.

Because if I were his opponent, I'd wrestle him and knock him out of action for 6 wks on a melee charge.</blockquote>

If I was his opponent I'd get him to have a &#36;50 on who would win the wrestle first!