Hello Orren where are you?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by GaryReal, May 17, 2012.

1. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Are we all screwed come bye rounds when it comes to O-wrong Stephenson and J Redden?
    Most of us chose these guys with low expectations, just a little bit of bye cover,
    but neither seem likely, espec redden now that Lobbo is climbing back.
    Orren surely is still a chance, has anyone got some word on these great big logs?

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Why play Orren when you become top heavy?

Not many team play two rucks, and those that do have a ruck that is effectively either a midfielder or key forward.

Orren and West, neither do this role, so I'd suggest you don't really have much chance there.

Redden looked the goods though (a bit raw, but good), and I'm not convinced Renouf is a long-term prospect for Port. Their season is stuffed now and should be looking to the future, and that being the case, the option of playing Redden-Lobbe consistently to get games into them, with Renouf as backup would be the way I'd do things.

Primus appears to think differently to me, though, and he's the ruckman.

Orren, well he's just depth, so only a chance when every other ruck gets injured. That said with Simpson, Vardy already stuffed, all it would take is a West injury for that to occur.

So - we need either intelligent selection from Port, or West to get injured.

Still time for this happening in time for Round 11.

3. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

How far away are Simpson and Vardy from returning? They might ruin Orren's chances even more. I always thought he could get excluded mid-year when the others return.

4. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Redden is more likley to play ahead of Oren given Redden was crook for several weeks, while Oren has been fine but can't get a gig. Also, when Redden played Port were much more competitive and now there has to be pressure on the current starting 22 given their performances.

Disappointed - so nearly went Jenkins ahead of Oren preseason - Jenkins has bad JS but at least he's got a look in recently whereas Oren had that one game all that time ago.

5. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

Orren back this week. Maybe if he plays well they'll keep him going and give West a rest. However, unless they dominate the clearances tomorrow, it's unlikely he'll retain his spot, and he'll most likely be subbed.

6. Muppets

Muppets Member

Here I am!

7. G-Train

G-Train Member

HAHA yeah I thought of this thread when I saw him named on the field in the ruck.

8. Lucas

Ah well, Geelong obviously sees a weakness in the Pies defence/ruck divisions.
    Can't see Big O getting a regular run, but maybe it's just to keep his confidence up so he can be used later in the year if a crisis occurs.

9. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

how likely is it that Big O will be subbed, I have him pencilled in as R2 coverign for H-Mac,
    but may as well make a trade if Big O is only likely to score 30-40 pts !

10. Lucas

TTH, not sure if a trade needs to be made unless you were going to make it anyway.
    I agree O will probably play a half then get subbed and probably get in the 30-50 point range, but if it's only for a week, then the job will be done. Cop it sweet.

If you were getting rid of HMac because you believe he has peaked then fair enough.

11. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Hello Orren how long are you sticking around?

12. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from GaryReal on May 18, 2012, 13:48
    Hello Orren how long are you sticking around?</blockquote>

As an H-MAC owner I am hoping he will be playing this week right through to H-MAC's return from injury, or rd 13 whichever is the later !!

If he is in/out/in again I reckon it will do my head in !!

13. Dekka

Dekka Member

Orren, Orren go away
    Come back another day
    My opponent has you as R2
    A donut for him will nicely do.

14. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

Orren outplayed West tonight in the ruck, should keep his spot in my opinion.