help (LAST TOPIC)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Apr 23, 2011.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

I'm sorry for all the topics tonight but I am completely torn at the moment. I'm thinking of trading Adam Cooney out, and I've narrowed it down to 5 options. Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell, David Mundy, Matthew Pavlich or Scott Thompson. I'm torn. I guess I'm looking for the best value, but at the same time I want this player to be there in round 24 to win me the Grand Final. Any help? I'm not wanting other suggestions as I have narrowed it down to those 5, taking into account the byes and finals draws of the other teams. Here's a little bit of info on each.

Hodge - costs 544,000. averaged 117 last season, but only 108.67 at the moment. Hawthorn have 2 byes left, one of which is in a multi bye round. they play collingwood once more.

mundy - costs 501,100. averaged 94 last season, but 126 at the moment. Fremantle have 2 byes left, both in multi bye rounds. however they play collingwood once more, and it is during sc prelims time.

pavlich - costs 499,500. averaged 99 last season, but 117.75 at the moment. Fremantle have 2 byes left, both in multi bye rounds. however they play collingwood once more and it is during sc prelims time.

mitchell - costs 488,800. averaged 99 last season, but 115 at the moment. Hawthorn have 2 byes left, one of which is in a multi bye round. they play collingwood once more.

thompson - costs 467,000. averaged 91 last season, but 121 at the moment. adelaide have only one bye left and it is in a multi bye week. they also only play collingwood once.

there you have it. im torn. i still see hodge as the best player but i think the other 4 will be much closer than last season, and at a much cheaper price. i favour the hawks because i believe they will win more games than fremantle, resulting in generally higher scores. this is a big negative of thompson due to the crows sucking, although if they can improve this season he could refind his form of a few seasons ago. the crows one bye is also very appealing. i also find both hodge and mitchell to be more injury prone than the others, particulary the fremantle boys. i think they may be rested or subbed during sc finals time, going into the real life finals. very tricky, help is much appreciated.

2. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Also Pavlich's scores this season could and should be even higher had he kicked straighter for goal. He is currently one goal seven behinds.

3. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

For overall consistency, price and value...Pavlich for mine. I still think Hodge will come down closer to 500k.