Help Wanted.....Trent Cotchin..., is he a (premium)keeper?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by dshaw15, Jun 3, 2011.

1. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

Cotchin is my M6. My midfield consists of:
    Mundy. Judd. Pendles. Selwood. S Thompson. Cotchin. (Harris. Conca. Evans.)

Early in the year i rated him highly, finally performing consistently to the potential we had all been hearing about out of tigerland.

But with most mids really settling into there groove now averaging around 120 is it worth upgrading him as he is averaging only 98, or better to upgrade somewhere else for a more even mix of contributors?
    My backline and rucks are strong, Fwds average.
    Fwds: Pavlich. Goodes. N Roo. Yarran. A Krakouer. Darling. Mzungu.
    (Lynch. Matera. Richardson)

2. whips

whips New Member

I have an almost identical midfield.
    Cotchin pretty much a keeper for me cos my team has other issues that need attending first.
    I agree that we can get 20 ppg better than Cotch but other areas will get me higher increases.
    Also concerned about the number of trades I'll need at the end. General soreness is hitting teams already and will only get worse.
    With all that in mind, happy to keep Cotch but will trade him late in the season if I can.

3. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

I wouldn't think cotchin is a keeper, but that being said, i'd leave him to be one of the last to upgrade.

Depends on your team, other areas, trades left and whether going for overall or league.

4. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

dshaw15 ive got a similar issue with bartel (avg 105)who will be M6 when ablett and pendulbury come in shortly. what im doing is holding him while other upgrades are done and my suggestion would be to do the same with cotchin.

Both are extremely good players who will pull big scores but it can be frustrating. Plus he had kornes tagging him last satday night so he wont always be guarded that closely

5. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

That was my thoughts, better areas to upgrade in my team. If at all he will be one of the last.
    Thanks Guys! Just needed my thoughts confirmed i guess haha

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Hey guys off topic but is someone sitting (guy i know) at 553 overall any chance for the overall he has about 24,247 points in total.
    Chance or No?

7. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

i dont plan on trading him until he gives me a reason to (hopefully this never comes!)

8. HudsonFysh

HudsonFysh Member

I have Cotch as my M6 and will look at upgrading him late in the season around finals (I'm not in overall hunt, looking for cash league). He's doing a solid job at the moment, and I'm happy with that.

9. Corks

Corks Member

Def not a Premium. Prob not a keeper. Won't average in the 110+ (really 120+) for remainder of the season which you really need from every mid, particularly given the crap forwards this year.