Heppell Rested????

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Jul 24, 2011.

1. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Watching last nights game it was clear to me that Dyson Heppell needs a rest to recharge the batteries. Had a very good start to the year but has slowly been dropping off in stats and more importantly in Supercoach points! Looked out on his legs in that last quarter against the blues and my concern is that the Bombers will rest him this round coming(Rd.19), which just so happens to be a multi-bye. So for people only concerned about leagues it will be very good timing but for those going for overall it could sting a little. Brisbane,Richmond and Sydney all have byes in Rd.19 and that said players like Deledio,Newman,Adcock,O'Keefe,Goodes, Cotchin,Foley,Power,Black,Grundy,Malceski
    etc will all be out in our backlines and midfields. Add to that Heppell's chance of a rest and teams could face the prospect of a few doughnuts(especially with Hibberd still out). Does this worry too many? Will you be well covered? Or does the chance of Heppell being rested in the multi-bye faze very little?

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

This may be the time that me picking Otten over Heppell in the pre-season pays off.......been kicking myself all year!

3. boydshow

boydshow Guest

Been wanting to trade him out for a couple of weeks now as I saw this coming. Shaw's suspension and Suckling's bye and resting have put my plans on hold, but I still think I'll pull the trigger

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Will be looking at moving him on this week too - he got a good footy lesson from Murphy running rings around him in the 2nd half last night.

With a bit of good fortune, Bombers might do me a favour and bring Hibberd in for Heppell!

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

heppell just bench coverage atm. hope the rest sorts him out.

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I reckon they should give him a week in the VFL next week to get him ready for 3 straight weeks before the R24 Bye to see if they make finals, then it'll mean he has had 2 breaks in about a month and will fire in finals if Essendon make it, this is from an un-sc perspective of what would work well for the Dons.

7. boydshow

boydshow Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Sainter on July 24, 2011, 17:43
    I reckon they should give him a week in the VFL next week to get him ready for 3 straight weeks before the R24 Bye to see if they make finals, then it'll mean he has had 2 breaks in about a month and will fire in finals if Essendon make it, this is from an un-sc perspective of what would work well for the Dons. </blockquote>

Why the VFL? Rest him altogether IMO. They're giving him less and less game time trying to manage things, he'll soon be the sub the way its going. Thanks Dyson for great service but it's time to go my friend

8. taminater

taminater New Member

its time to turn heppell into ablett now that his price has bottomed out.

Newman, Delidio, Goddard, Gibbs, Fisher, Broughton, Hurn

Ablett, Swan, Pendles, montagna, hodge, selwood

cox, sandilands

NRoo, JRoo, Pav, Goodes, Franklin, Roili, petrie

full strength providing sandi comes back from injury

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Time for a rest absolutely

He played well on Anzac Day, one less thing for the Pies to worry about this weekend

Traded him out a few weeks back, thinking it ended up the right move keeping Stanley but was a close run thing at the time.

10. 82asch

82asch New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on July 25, 2011, 13:42

Traded him out a few weeks back, thinking it ended up the right move keeping Stanley but was a close run thing at the time.</blockquote>

Did the same. Stanley has been a really good D7 for the last few weeks - goes to show the difference a bigger body makes.

11. DC

DC Member

With the injuries at the EFC at the moment there is no one pushing for selection...

After the weekends performance there is no doubt he should be rested however would not be surprised if he plays again this week!

12. jibba

jibba Member

I don't think he'll get a rest this week, he is an important player to Essendon if they are any chance to putting a fight against the Pies.

13. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Why don't we reset our whole bloody side seems to be the trend no hooker, hibberd, fletcher, pears, hurley and if heppell is rested we are boned

14. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Why don't we reset our whole bloody side seems to be the trend no hooker, hibberd, fletcher, pears, hurley and if heppell is rested we are boned

15. jwarne30

jwarne30 New Member

I made my worst ever SC decision a few weeks back and traded him out into Rawlings instead of Enright thinking of bye timing in the finals and to have a point of difference........

Why did rawlings pick the week before the trade to have his only 100+ score for the decade..... can someone slap me repeatedly!!

16. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

add another to that.