Holding off on an inevitable trade

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TopHeavy, Jul 8, 2011.

1. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I plan on getting rid of Sandi to Cox. My other rucks are Jamar, Bailey, Petrie/Tippet. With only 6 trades left and 40k, this will be my absolute last before finals. As there is a bye this week and I'm only going for league wins should I hold off in case something else drastic happens? His value will pretty much stay the same so not worried there.

I see Cox as a must (16 weeks too late) but is it worth consiedering other options like McEvoy, Mummy, Jolly, Griffen, Goldy, Lobbe.

Thanks

2. 82asch

82asch New Member

Just my opinion (although I'm in a similar situation) but I would wait as you are only going for leagues. Reason for this is you could bring in big Cox this week and he could do an injury.

His price may even go down a little after this week. Agree that he is must have but personally I'm leaving off bringing in Cox until first week of league finals when I'll use some coin and trade in Petrie.

3. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Cheers, if i go with Cox i'll hold off a week. Judging by the other threads, many people are having ruck problems.

4. Chieftain

Chieftain New Member

Have the same problem with bringing in Ablett for Bartel. Ablett will go up and bartel down but no need until next week. It's a risk when anyone could get injured this week and need to be replaced.

5. homerj

homerj Member

Yeah it's SOOO hard to hold off on a trade isn't it, when that trigger finger is twitching!

I always think 'oh but if I don't get em this week, they're going to go up in price and I will miss out'. But this often backfires, got Sylvia the other week instead of Pav due to thinking Sylvia couldn't get any cheaper and Pav might not get BE. Then PAv proceeded to smash out 150 and Sylvia has since spudded and is thus still as cheap as ever.

You don't want to end up like my workmate who seems to curse everyone he buys, bought J Watson a week before he got injured, same with Sandilands. His whole team looked like a first aid centre at one point.

If you can get the cash to buy someone easily then might be better to wait until you absolutely need them in case the dreaded injury curse strikes.

6. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Nail on the head there homerj