Horsley and Adams - Dilemna

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, May 12, 2012.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Okay so this week I want to bring in ATLEAST one of them. I have a few options though and I'm torn.
    Here is my team:
    DEF - Deledio, Goddard, Shaw, Fisher, Bugg, Lake, Mohr, Ellis, Smedts
    MID - Selwood, Murphy, Swan, Hayes, Magner, Shiel, Coniglio, Couch
    RUC - Cox, Giles, Cordy, Stephenson
    FWD - Franklin, Chapman, Pavlich, Johnson, Kennedy, Milera, Smith, Pfeiffer, Dickson

And here are my options:
    Magner - Adams in mids
    Kennedy - Dangerfield/Riewoldt in fwds
    Already have 1 M/F link, but this would give me 2 which everyone knows is very helpful.

Magner - Horsley in mids
    Milera/Kennedy - Dangerfield/Sidebottom/Roughead/Riewoldt/Beams in fwds
    Doesn't give me the extra M/F link like option 1 does, however Horsley looks the better prospect and gives me more options for my fwd upgrade.

Magner - Horsley in mids
    Kennedy - Adams in mids/fwds
    Obviously allows me to jump on both of them and pocket some cash, which I can then use to make upgrades next week or in the next few weeks.

Could include Dickson, Couch or Pfeiffer in option 3 and replace one of Kennedy and Magner. Or even two of them. Would give me better depth, especially for the upcoming byes, but would also leave me with alot less $$$, but with Dickson, Couch and Pfeiffer not playing, being able to keep Magner and Kennedy would help my side each week.

Sitting on only a win and a draw in my first 4, I need to start winning, and that needs to start this week against the top side, which makes options 1 and 2 look a little better. But I'm not sure, take also into consideration that I currently only have 19 trades left. So I won't be able to cull every rookie I have.

Help would be awesome!

2. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Either of them could be a sub this week... I have the same dilema. I have pulled the trigger on Magner and brought in Horsley. Here is hoping it pays off!

3. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Although this weeks game may be out of reach! My opponents probable starting 22, even before his inevitable trades this week:
    DEF - DELEDIO, GODDARD, SCOTLAND, ENRIGHT, CLARKE, BUGG, LAKE
    MID - KENNEDY, PENDLEBURY, MURPHY, HAYES, SELWOOD, SHIEL/MAGNER
    RUC - MCINTOSH, GILES
    FWD - FRANKLIN, DANGERFIELD, CLOKE, MARTIN, PORPLYZIA, and 2 of MILERA/SMITH/KENNEDY/TRELOAR

4. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Option 2 for mine. I think Horsely is a must have!

5. obleex

obleex New Member

Can't see a bloke who averages 30 pressure acts a game being the sub. I've convinced myself to bring him in and start him this week.

6. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Horsley = mature aged, born 87'
    over Adams born 93'