How do I best stay in touch with the leader??

Discussion in 'AFL' started by H_Dons, May 3, 2013.

1. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

($32,900 left in the bank) 526 points behind 1st place. Def - Goddard, GIBBS, HEPPELL, Hibberd, Terlich, Stevenson, (GOODES, PITTARD) Mid - Ablett, Swallow, Swan, Selwood, Wines, O'meara, Viney, Evans (FYFE, CROUCH) Ruc - Jacobs, Leuey (Currie, Rowe) Fwd - Westhoff, Cox, Kennedy, Bartel, Rockliff, Neade (Dwyer, Macaffer) How the hell do I avoid donuts whilst keeping in touch with overall?? My current plan is to downgrade Fyfe to Saunders, use Saunder D/M link to switch Goodes to the midfield. Then trade Pittard for Birchall, and have Gibbs and Heppell on the bench. Leaving me with 137k roughly, as insurance in case something like this happens again. Saunders is at least named on field so he won't be the sub, but could get subbed. He also looked good last week, and had 5 tackles in less than a half of footy. (Evans is on extended bench) Another plan is to sideways Pittard to Ellis or Vlastuin, and Gibbs to Shaw. Ellis could moo a fair bit, but he is named on the bench and i doubt King, Knights or Grigg will be the sub. Vlastuin, as talked up as he has been, didn't show a whole lot over the weekend, compared to the NAB cup. But he is named in the midfield for the first bounce. Both those tiger options are risky. I avoid a donut on any line (Evans is on extended bench) My last plan is to downgrade Viney/Evans to either Saunders or Vlastuin (Evans means I have to get Saunders, Viney means I can afford Vlastuin), then trade Fyfe for Watson. I can then switch Saunders/Vlastuin with one of my defenders, but that still gives me a donut in defence. Either plan leaves me with 2 premium players on the bench, and that will cause me to fall far too much behind, I think? I'm also thinking I might wait until the very last minute before I make any trades, until the final teams are announced an hour before the Essendon game at 1.45 on Saturday. That means I can't get Saunders, but it keeps the dream alive of either Heppell or Pittard being late inclusions.Yes I'm aware they aren't even on the emergency list, but I have nothing but straws to clutch at this stage. Somebody please help me? Is there a better option I have not thought about? I hope there is. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Siralo

Siralo Guest

Basically if Evans doesn't play your going to cop a donut, is no magical way around it.I have the same backline outs as you and i went Pittard - VlastuinGibbs - DixonBasically i think pittard's injury will drag on a while, port seem to be going the slow and steady approach. Did'nt want to go a player not on the bubble but with couple other bubble boys being dropped thought Vlastuin might have best JS and string a few together plus was decent in the NAB (bit of a gamble here).Second one, gibbs besides the 150 has been playing fairly average. Plus hammy injury im gambling he will be out for 2-3. IF not happy to trade him back in assuming he starts pumping out a few 100+ scores.Goodes i think will be a keeper, if not will make another 100k+All in all person choices, these couple trades have netted a small cash reserve for next few rounds

3. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Saunders will most likely play a full game, he was very good last week in Kiwi land in challenging conditions. Watters also likes him and he is wearing number 35. :) So I think your first plan looks good. Birchal/Harlett/Grimes all good candidates for DEF ins IMHO, but my track record of late has been less than stellar. :) I am a bit gun shy on Hibberd and Watson based on what the jungle drums are beating. Could be in a spot a spot of bother. My 2 cents, YMMV etc

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

edit: you can't rid of the quote box :( Why not Gibbs (who is injured, and so couldmiss longer) and Pittard to rookie and Heater (or Birchallif you can afford him)? You are going cop the donut in mids if Evans misses out and you can't cover that, so why not save the defence?
    BTW, being named on field is not protection against the green vest. there has been at least 2 guys named on field this year who were the starting sub.

5. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Thanks for the help everyone. Evans survived the final teams, so I can avoid a donut (touch wood). @bjaensch - I think I will go for Saunders, your comments confirmed what I was kind of thinking. And @Shenanigans, I have gone for the hybrid of 2 of my plans, as you suggested. I may as well keep Fyfe, he will be useful to me until he loses his shoulders. And now that Evans is named (probably be the sub - oh well), I feel more at ease having him on the bench. So, Pittard to Saunders, Gibbs to Birchall it is! I will have Heppell and Fyfe on the bench, but Heppell will be back next week. And I can make another upgrade next week and hopefully not fall too far behind. Only 6 premiums left to complete my team and 24 trades. Easy!