how many trades left???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by patash, Jun 25, 2012.

1. patash

patash New Member

just curious with how many trades people have left after the bye weeks. im sure not many would have any more than 10, personally i have 7 left. cheers

2. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

I currently have 11 left patash but i usually try to keep a few up my sleeve for the back end of the season as its worked well in years gone by, wouldnt be surprised if thats a bit more than average. Have 4 more upgrades to do to finish the team as have already had to burn a few trades on LTI's this year, have about 260k in the bank so will look to do one upgrade trade this week, devon smith to chapman maybe but pretty keen on getting carrazzo in next week for ellis and that will require some more cash

3. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I have 7 trades left with 1 defensive upgrade left. After this point, my team should be just about right (depending on how Zorko goes for the rest of the year). I reckon we have to save at least 2 trades for finals time. I am probable going to use my trades as downgrades until I find a good upgrade. Won't be using one for a couple of weeks though (barring LTI's)!!!

4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

10 for me - i am going hopeless in overall and will need to burn trades to have any hope of finals

So my plan is to make 2 trades each week for rounds 14 to 18 even if it means being out of trades IF I make any finals

5. Fez

Fez Moderator

7 trades left with my team complete bar the backline , I only really have 3 premiums down back as well so maybe burn two trades to get another premium defender and try fight it out with 5 and hope my mud prices get the job done

6. gogonz

gogonz New Member

But My team only needs one more upgrade in the backs, possibly one more in the fwds.

My biggest problem is though I'm carrying Zaharakis & Pendles on the Bench.

On the upside, I have $400k in the bank. So really, I'm just sucking up getting smashed every week until Zaharakis & Pendles get back. Hopefully Pendles this week, Zaha the week or so after that.

7. Fez

Fez Moderator

Have the luxury of Pendles sitting on the bench and Dustin Martin filling it for him as Zorko has gone ahead of Martin

8. DBY

DBY New Member

12 - Carrazzo, Waters and Beams to come in over the next few weeks.

9. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

9 - midfield set, 2 back up grades, 1 in forwards and 1 ruck (to get Sandi out)

10. Seabass

Seabass New Member

2 left.

Don't ask, *LOL*

11. GrannyBoy

GrannyBoy New Member

5. I still want Giles->Mullet and Ellis/Darley->Scotland/Carrots and have 260k in the bank. I traded hard over the byes to take out eliminator opponents. If I'm still in the eliminator in a few rounds time i will use them all before finals.

12. huvaduva

huvaduva New Member

5 - one upgrade in def left to do and enough cash to do the upgrade, but I might also consider downgrading old man McDonald to Sam Gibson for more cash. That would only leave 3 trades plus a bunch of cash though.

13. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

@GrannyBoy,
    nice work in DT Elim, you're into the final 1,024, GL.
    Everyone still alive in eliminator would be low on trades from having to trade hard through the byes to get where they are, so hopefully you're up against opponents with less trades remaining than you.

SC = 8 Trades remaining & 3 upgrades needed to be all premium.

14. GrannyBoy

GrannyBoy New Member

@fidelsfinger,
    That gives me a bit of confidence for the next couple of rounds at least. Trading so hard through the byes didn't hurt my overall either, 9.6k to 1k in 3 weeks, ntb.

15. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Nice,
    my nephew only got through the elim bye rounds with the premium shuffle,
    wasteful, outing round 12 premiums for round 11's & then outing round 13 premiums for round 12's,
    but it got him through.
    Round 12 was funny, partial lockout,
    he benched playing premiums on wednesday, so when his opponent checked his team, the projection was for the opponent to win by 400 points, he must have only had a glance without looking deep enough to spot the ruse & decided he didn't need to trade, then after partial lockout & before full lockout, nephew set the team properly & coasted clear :p

16. GrannyBoy

GrannyBoy New Member

Ahh the ol rope a dope nice. Tell him to watch out if he meets THE HAWKER I'll be ready ;) I had an easy ride with Swanny v Boyd as captain, it was all over after that. I've only dropped 1 premo so far Pendels with the fracture, seems an ok move now. I had my team shuffle nicely through and only had 5 doughies, 2 of them premo injuries.

17. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

His team's called "Jah Jah"
    if you both stay in the hunt, odds are you'll meet during the next 5 rounds,
    GL :)

18. weedoo

weedoo Guest

9. 2 upgrades left to make, won't make them until necessary so hopefully will have 5 trades come finals.

19. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

No trades left with quite a few out Goddard, Waters, Franklin, Martin and possibly Tipett only have 1 emg in forward line playing damn Walsh (syd) not playing and i have Darley in the backline to come in for Waters if he gets named. I really need to learn to save my trades lol. Its a shame because even though it aint anything to brag about but my overall rank is in the 7000's which is my best ever but oh well bring on next year.

20. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

4 Left - $259K

Def: Goddard, Birchall, Lids, Shaw H, Lake, Carrots, Scotland, Johnson, Shaw S
    Mid: Kennedy, Stanton, Ablett, Boyd, Pendles, Priddis, Pfeiffer, King-Wilson
    Ruc: Cox, Giles, Redden, Big-O
    Fwd: Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Pav, Porps, Marin, Zorko, Smedts, Crozier

Final Trades:

Giles to Jacobs
    Porps to Chappy

Have I set up too early?