How many trades ?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Muttley, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Muttley

Muttley New Member

Hello, first year super-coacher here, new fan to footy (2nd season) and enjoying it so far. First TS post also.

Made some mistakes with my supercoach team, but happy overall though. I'm curious as to how many trades people think should've been used so far. I've used 4 trades for fix ups / earners.

I'm hoping to have a settled team and 6/8 trades left by round 19 / 20. Going for league win. Is that a sensible option ?.

Enjoying the site, thanks to creator.

2. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

I have used 2 so far.

I plan to use about 12 trades between rounds 8-15 to cash in on rookies and upgrade to premiums.

I have a couple of trades set aside to do trades to cover players with byes in finals.

and after that have about 4 trades as spare to cover injuries etc

3. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

so yes I think your approach is sensible! It kind of depends what players you have and who you might to cover in finals on how many trades you need up your sleeve.

I myself am planning to be ranked high enough and win my first final to get week 2 off so I dont have to worry about covering geelong players in week 2 of the finals.

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ill just say that theres no point having that many trades left for over the finals period if you dont make finals in the 1st place. Your real aim should be to secure a Top 4 spot and then keep 4 or 5 trades for finals. Use 2 to make sure you win 1st week and then 2 in the prelim.. No point having trades for Grand Final if you dont make it, you;ll be kicking yourself for having 2 trades left over if you get knocked out and there were trades you could have done earlier...

5. Muttley

Muttley New Member

Ok, thanks both for replies, makes sense.

Will view it that way, maybe got a bit ahead of myself, good luck, cheers.

6. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

only used 3 so far and plan to have 4-5 for finals. But will cash some cows and trade heavily to get 2-3 more marquee players in rounds 8,9,10.
    Using 4 trades til now isn't too bad , especially if they have been used to get the right rookie. Look at the draw and think ahead before you trade.

7. Corks

Corks Member

2 trades down, but planning 9 trades straight starting pre R7 to upgrade rookies like Swallow, Duigan, Libba, etc to Pendles, Chappy, Lake and Enright / Fisher. Backline needs a play but otherwise tracking OK with GnR strategy.

These trades will take my team to 19 Premium / Keepers plus Curnow, Lower and Darling in my best 22.