how to get ablett and franklin into my team help please!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by powerpete, Apr 18, 2012.

1. powerpete

powerpete New Member

rookie supercoach player here, and made the fatal errors of picking swan/pavlich instead of ablett/franklin.

question is how to get them now?

my team is : ( please dont laugh)

backs : goddard hurn gibson burgoyne lonergan s edwards ( delaney, tunbridge)

mids : swan gibbs s selwood d martin boak cunningham ( mooney, lee )

rucks : kruezer cox ( giles, ceglar )

fwds : n reiwolt goodes pavlich dangerfield milera a kennedy d smith (k lawrence , t adams)

boak, pavlich, lonergan, and maybe d martin are my thoughts for trading but help is needed.

no fyfe/dempsey/luenburger/lake problems though !!!

any advice appreciated.

2. Credmi

Credmi New Member

Not sure of the values of your players, so I wont tell you who to trade and whatnot, but I will give you this advice:
    Make getting Gazza your number 1 priority. It will give you a permacaptain, who will rarely let you down. Franklin is an excellent player too, but is nowhere near as consistant, nor does he have the ability to pump out scores as high the little champ. I'm not saying don't get Franklin, but make Ablett your 1st concern.
    Hope that is of some help to you & good luck with your team.

3. powerpete

powerpete New Member

thanks, yes it will be ablett this week but i will need a double trade to get him :

maybe pavlich $531k
    boak $451k
    $982k total

for ablett $708k
    leaves me $274k (plus 6k in the kitty). SO a $280k player midfield preferrred. maybe grab that magner and keep 100k to maybe get buddy next week, he will have an off week against the eagles in perth i reckon.??

put ablett, magner in the middle and d martin up forward.

that might work, answering my own question here.

4. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

If you're keen on your above plan - it might be worth looking at McDonald over Magner, as McD's price hasn't risen yet, so that's more cash for you to use in your next upgrade. Just a thought, its entirely your call

5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

I tend to agree with JPK - McDonald would be the one to go for if you're keen on going with the above trade.

6. theclaud

theclaud New Member

You could always invent a time machine....

But seriously McDonald would be your best downgrand path. Get the cash and bring the perma captain in.

7. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Left field option: What about cox down to redden, with Giles @ R2 you don't loose many PPG and bankrolls You 450k, redden will appreciate and u can cull later if ya want, and gets you along way toward GAJ. Gotta go this week though or redden will have sailed (already 1 week late)
    Might be a better way to get the job done than losing boak & pav
    Or gets u all the way into something ike Cunningham into JPK this week. (puts gas a few weeks off though)

get Martin fwd as their is too many better guns to have him as a prem mid.

8. traviso

traviso Active Member

Powerpete, not sure why people are recommending you certain ways. IMO your problem is not so much having 1 or 2 poorly chosen premium players it's more that you have no rookies apart from your forward line that will make you money to upgrad to get you a Franklin or Ablett. you should be riding swan, cox, Goddard or goodes every week for your captain depending on opposition and form. You need to turn your bench and other players into rookies that will make money. Not sure who Delaney, tunbridge, mooney, lee, Lawrence and Adams (ceglar i've heard of but he ain't playing) are but they need to go for rookies that are playing and will make money. Macdonald and treloar are 2 off the top of my head but you need more research. Once you've made some money in 3-4 rounds then you can try grab albett or buddy or whoever.

9. powerpete

powerpete New Member

Who is jpk?

10. DoggyODFL

DoggyODFL New Member

Josh Kennedy - Sydney.

A lot on nicknames are used on here - you can search by nickname in the find a player on top of the page for ones you dont know

11. Greyhound

Greyhound New Member

agree with traviso - the rookies are your major issue - mcdonald should be your first picked. Don't worry about your premiums for now

12. Fez

Fez Moderator

If u want to do the rookie ruck downgrade option maybe go Billy Longer, hasn't risen in price yet and with the Burger out could get good game time in the next few weeks.