HS SC Draft League

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;]I've started a new TS Draft league: [TS] Drafted Code is 217589, we have 7 spots left, would prefer the remaining spots were filled by ORFFA/ORFFL guys simply so we all kind of know each other... I haven't posted it in the ORFFL as I didn't want to intrude and figure most of you guys read this forum as well anyway.. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;][span style='font-size: 12px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Please note though I started it because the settings of the one I was in originally didn't suit me at all, this one does, so you just have to fit in or not be in :) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;][span style='font-size: 12px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;][span style='font-size: 12px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Settings are; <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;][span style='font-size: 12px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]10 teams playing 2 rounds head to head with finals <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;]Draft is live on Wednesday 20th at 8.30pm snake order <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;]2 minute time limit for picks <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;]5-6-2-5 with 4 reserves (22 players) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;]Captains turned off <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;]Auto emergency and rolling lockout both on <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc; color: #000000;]1 day waivers in reverse order.
    Cheers Len

2. Len

5 slots left :)

3. snoz

snoz Moderator

Len.....am assuming that you have to be online for the draft ( ie.....not have a pre selected list) that takes your picks ?

4. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    Len.....am assuming that you have to be online for the draft ( ie.....not have a pre selected list) that takes your picks ? Not at all mate, you can autopick, you just have to hope your pre-draft list is in good order, I think the SC site lets you pre-sort down to 800 odd, should be enough :)

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Expresses interest. What the hell are '1 day waivers in reverse order'??? Collingwood supporters?

6. Len

Waivers are something I hadn't heard of until last year either but here is my summary of how I think they work :)
    You can drop players and pickup fresh ones from the pool during the season, if you drop one he doesn't go straight back into the available pool instead the other managers get a chance to pick him up, if more than one wants him he goes automatically to the bidder with lowest ranked team on the league ladder at the time.
    the official story is below in a cut & paste.. <ul style='margin-bottom: 18px; margin-left: 25px; list-style-type: disc; list-style-position: initial; font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: 1; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; color: #414141; font-variant: normal; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;] <li style='margin-bottom: 7px; font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-shadow: none !important;]Activate<strong style='font-size: 13px; text-shadow: none !important;]Trade Waivers[/b]to ensure a fairer trading system for players dropped from squads and the general pool of available players. Dropped players from squads are entered into a waiver system (instead of becoming free agents), with a priority list as to which teams will have first choice to pick them up. You can elect the desired time that a dropped player is to remain in the waiver system (from 1 to 4 days), in order for coaches to set their selections/desired waiver trades.</li> <li style='margin-bottom: 7px; font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-shadow: none !important;]In addition, you can also set how the waiver order policy works. With<strong style='font-size: 13px; text-shadow: none !important;]Reverse Ladder[/b](recommended), the waiver order is reset at the end of each round. The lowest ranked team in your league gets the first priority of selecting from the waiver pool, with the next-lowest picking next and so on. With the<strong style='font-size: 13px; text-shadow: none !important;]Last Pick to Bottom[/b], the order is never reset - users go to the bottom of the priority order after each successful pick.</li> <li style='margin-bottom: 7px; font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-shadow: none !important;]If waivers are not activated, all players dropped from teams become 'Free Agents' at a set time, usually Midday the following day after they were released. With this system, players may be picked up on a 'first-come' basis, at the time they are released as a free agent.</li> </ul>

7. TerryinBangkok

Interesting. Clearly though, whoever gets first bite at the cherry also has to delist someone to make way. Will be looking forward to see how they set it up. Also are our 4 EMG just that or are they scoring EMG like in ORFFL? Don't think Snoz needs to list beyond 220 in the auto-draft.

8. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Interesting. Clearly though, whoever gets first bite at the cherry also has to delist someone to make way. Will be looking forward to see how they set it up. Also are our 4 EMG just that or are they scoring EMG like in ORFFL? Don't think Snoz needs to list beyond 220 in the auto-draft. The 4 are affectively non scoring for that round so are depth players however I do have the auto emergency activated so the below applies. Definitely not, beinterestingto see the whole 800 re-ordered by preference though, something for Mike lol <p ><strong style='font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; color: #414141; font-variant: normal; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;] <div class='main' style='margin-bottom: 7px; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #cecece; background-color: #ffffff; list-style: inside; text-shadow: none !important;] <ul style='margin-bottom: 18px; margin-left: 30px; list-style-type: disc; list-style-position: initial; font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: 1; text-shadow: none !important;] <li style='margin-bottom: 7px; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-shadow: none !important;]If your league has an Auto-Emergency option activated, you'll receive the score from your lowest-scoring bench player (other than those who score 0) if any of your starting players don't play;</li> </ul> [/b]

9. snoz

snoz Moderator

220 pre sorted & screened players.........??? No sweat ( as he reaches for the dart board )

10. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    220 pre sorted & screened players.........??? No sweat ( as he reaches for the dart board ) A roulette wheel is better for the purpose, unless you plan to only pick players numbered 1 to 20 :)

11. Len

2 spots left, if you are interested but not sure how it works etc feel free to pm me

12. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Waivers are critical inthistype of game guys.
    The waiver wire determines who gets first pick of the available talent pool each week. So if two teams have a mid that goes down with an injury, then the person higher on the waiver wire gets first crack at a player. Where it becomes critical is if a player (let's say Tippett) is coming off a long injury/suspension mid season... multiple players will want to draft him but it is the team highest up the waiver ranking that will get him. Tippett may not be a good example as he may be taken in the draft but you get my drift hopefully
    Obviously the trade requires you to delist someone as well...

13. TerryinBangkok

Call me a drunken grasshopper if you will, but it is only in this season that I realised that the 2 scoring EMG (or whatever they are called) in ORFFA are effectively 2 extra players and should, ideally, be top-scoring MIDs. When we first started out down this long road together I actually thought they were emergencies and drafted accordingly. Pretty dumb huh? Hence my question.

14. Len

As did I Terry, I suspect redoing the initial draft would result in significantly different squads now :)

15. graeme

graeme Guest

OK TiB and Len, you are both drunken grasshoppers - guess that explains the dismal results last year.
    Memo to Chief, shorten TiB's and LenH's odds now they know what they are doing and wind the Waikik's odds out because we are short of quality players in all positions - especially defenders.

16. TerryinBangkok

Lenh191 wrote:
    As did I Terry, I suspect redoing the initial draft would result in significantly different squads now :) Thinking Moloneys and McLeans I am, with just a dash of the Smiths - Dylan and Isaac variety.

17. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Hey Len, hope ya don't mind mate but I jumped in and grabbed the last spot to make sure there was a touch more ORFFL/W2SP representation :D

18. Len

Perfectly done, thanks bear :)

19. TerryinBangkok

Simonoz wrote:
    220 pre sorted & screened players.........??? No sweat ( as he reaches for the dart board ) Makes a lot of typos for someone in the publishing bidness. 220 pre snorted & cleaned players...........??? And so Len's little league now has a Simon + Bear? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GND0R8Q8Qgg

20. snoz

snoz Moderator

Where the hell do you find this stuff ?????