I Have Bruce and Johncock both.... Which?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by BrockyFreo, Apr 15, 2011.

1. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Ok, now I need some adviceful help:

Backline is Gibbs, Grimes, Bruce, Johncock, Heppel, Laidler (carl ave 70), Lower, Otten, Duigan, C Guthrie (geel not playing)

You see Bruce has already dropped $57k now. and even if he hits the proj ave of 100 in the next 2 weeks will still drop another $40k to $400k price. I think his role has changed this year.

Then JohnnyCock has not yet dropped in price.. however is expected to drop $52k even if he hits a score of 84 this week. Then a total loss of $80k in the next 3weeks. Again: role has changed?

Im happy with my other positions, i'm set for the multi round byes no matter who i trade in and also have $285k spare in the bank atm.

I'm happy to trade down to say b smith (adel) only which of these two should go?

2. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Should add, I'm hopping to trade a premium fwd/mid into my midfield before round 6 and so don't necessarily need to trade in another premium back (because they seem to be up and down in the back)

3. spud

spud New Member

Hold 'em both buddy.

Bruce was always going to take a while to settle into the team as he has to learn a completely new game plan and game style. Yes, he hasn't shown a whole heap just yet, but I can't see him being dropped to the seconds either as the Hawks will know it was going to take a while for him to get accustomed and hence will give him a good string of uninterrupted games.

Once they find his ideal role and he starts getting the hang of how our gamestyle works, he'll start benefiting.

Will let another person comment on Mr Johncock.

4. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Mr Johncock.

Likes the gaspers.

Getting the HBF tag.

Diminished interchange bench.

Is finishing off games looking like he's just spent a week on a saddle.

Join the dots.

5. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

I had Bruce......... HAD Bruce. He's too slow and we need speed, especially in the backline. But if you're going to boot Bruce, don't go sideways. Just in case he does come back and return to a 100pt average, you don't want to be comparing your new with old or you might regret it (that's IF Bruce makes his comeback).

I'd be going with a bargain basement rookie so that at least you can save the line of "well at least i've made a bucketload of money from getting (someone like Brodie Smith)".

6. jb

jb New Member

For League Glory = Hold Both
    For Overall Glory = Trade Both (one down and up to the best rook & prem you can find)

7. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Yes was thinking Brodie Smith. Thanks guys

8. DC

DC Member

Stiff to have them both in your team.

Stiffy to go :)