I wish...

Discussion in 'AFL' started by canada_blues, Mar 31, 2012.

1. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

Hadn't seen something like this on the board and thought it might be interesting. Basically, curious to know who you wanted to get into your team this year but couldn't due to structure, cost issues, that sort of thing.

For me, I wanted:

Heppell in the backs (went 4-0-4 with Goddard, Scotland, Birchall, Broughton)

Kreuzer / Naitanui in the rucks (went with the 1-0-3 with Cox anchoring)

NDS / Rockliff / A. Swallow in the mids (went with 4-0-4 with Pendles, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood)

Riewoldt in the forwards (went 4-1-4 with Goodes, Franklin, Fyfe, Pavlich, Porps)

How about the rest of you guys? Anyone else you couldn't fit in but really wanted to?

2. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Hanley & Fyfe.

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Boyd - was in and out a few times on friday, but ended up deciding to go with 3-0-5 mids - with Pendles, GAJ and Duckwood the 3 prems.

Koby Stevens - really wanted him and couldnt believe he wasnt picked for round 1.

Lake - But couldnt justify another midpricer. Went with Malceski as a midpricer in def.

Yagmoor - On Friday, I was actually wishing i had a spot avail for him. All rookie spots were already locked up by that stage with GWS and Richmond players. But gee am I glad that was the way it was. although Morris and Ellis werent much good anyway, but still look the better options for the long run.

Duffield - had him almost entire preseason, and then changed him to Broughton in the last week. May still pay off. Would have liked both - but couldnt swing it.

Mumford - would have been my r2 if 2-0-2, but went with 1-0-3.

4. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Lots!!

Scotland, Heppell, Hargrave, Guthrie

Murphy, Thompson, Palmer

Cox, Kruizer

Hale, Sidebottom

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

anthak, I think the eagles want to introduce the kids at the easy home game versus lowly Melbourne next week & not in the hostile interstate environment,
    don't be surprised to see 4 new faces line up for them next week.