If Essendon were to be suspended?

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I don't think it's going to happen, for many varied reasons, regardless of guilt or innocence, but.....[span style='font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.3;]What if? [span style='font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.3;](It goes without saying that 35,000+ saints members would be giving Goddard the bird)
    How would the ORFFA/ORFFL deal with it? Not that they would have to respond in unison, the question simply would apply equally to both.
    This is intended as tongue in cheek, or an exercise in hypothetical if you will, but let's say it happened, how would the league(s) managers andcommissionerslike it deal with?

2. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

If you're stupid enough to be caught with players who were stupid enough to be caught with performance enhancing drugs, then you deserve to have no players.
    They don't call them IQ tests for nothing.

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    I don't think it's going to happen, for many varied reasons, regardless of guilt or innocence, but.....[span style='font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.3;]What if? [span style='font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.3;](It goes without saying that 35,000+ saints members would be giving Goddard the bird) How would the ORFFA/ORFFL deal with it? Not that they would have to respond in unison, the question simply would apply equally to both. This is intended as tongue in cheek, or an exercise in hypothetical if you will, but let's say it happened, how would the league(s) managers andcommissionerslike it deal with? ORFFL situation: most teams have between 1 and 3 Essendon players. Except Walesy, who has 6. I have none. Given that ORFFL lists are 26, hardly prohibitive in terms of fielding a team should Bomber players have a Kurt Tippett-esque suspension coming their way. Walesy might need to delist a few Bombers and draft astutely perhaps would be about the most of it.

4. Len

I agree we are talking about 1/18th of the pool and we could draft replacements from excess stock, the effect on the leagues would still be seismic, certainly big enough to substantially alter the odds chief is offering.. Hopefully if there are any penalties for this year they are announced in the next week or so as I would need to trade hard for a replacement ruckman, many would have similar key position issues. As I said, I can't see it happening, I am just interested to hear how people would see us responding.. For the ORFFA the worst affected team would be Cradle Mountain, then Waikikamoocow, after that a few of us have one key player but no more.

5. snoz

snoz Moderator

Can I get Carlscum somehow banned from playing too ? :)

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I think walesy might ask you to wash your mouth out with soap for even suggesting such a thing, especially right under his nose.

7. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    I agree we are talking about 1/18th of the pool and we could draft replacements from excess stock, the effect on the leagues would still be seismic, certainly big enough to substantially alter the odds chief is offering.. Hopefully if there are any penalties for this year they are announced in the next week or so as I would need to trade hard for a replacement ruckman, many would have similar key position issues. As I said, I can't see it happening, I am just interested to hear how people would see us responding.. For the ORFFA the worst affected team would be Cradle Mountain, then Waikikamoocow, after that a few of us have one key player but no more.
    The odds won't change that much, at least at the top end. Good teams don't draft Essendon players, because good teams field players who are less likely to get soft tissue injuries and are more likely to show up after Round 10. Foul Bay has used this 'recipe for premiership success' (by the way, it is a much tastier recipe than the one David King goes on about) and a similar recipe was used in the ORFFL with Sarah Island. If you draft Essendon players in any sort of fantasy competition, you will not win! .

8. Len

ChiefRussell wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    The odds won't change that much, at least at the top end. Good teams don't draft Essendon players, because good teams field players who are less likely to get soft tissue injuries and are more likely to show up after Round 10. Foul Bay has used this 'recipe for premiership success' (by the way, it is a much tastier recipe than the one David King goes on about) and a similar recipe was used in the ORFFL with Sarah Island. If you draft Essendon players in any sort of fantasy competition, you will not win! . lol I gotta be honest I will be picking Goddard, lets face it, he will be improving anyway, AND he may have to be half a team :)

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I still cringe noticeably every time I see this thread topic.