Important question re multi position players (MPPs)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by danielc, Mar 21, 2011.

1. danielc

danielc New Member

hey guys, i have what i think is an important question and was looking for some help if anyone knew the answer

I understand that you can swap players between positions this year, but if you do that, does that mean that you can then trade the player out from their new position?

for example, i have adam goodes as MID, and Ryan okeefe as a FWD in my starting line up. If i swap them after rd 1 and ROK is now a MID and AG is now a FWD, does that mean that i can now trade out adam goodes for another midfielder (nick dal santo for example)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :):)

2. danielc

danielc New Member

sorry, in the example i mean can i now trade out ryan okeefe for another MID

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from danielc on March 20, 2011, 18:49I understand that you can swap players between positions this year, but if you do that, does that mean that you can then trade the player out from their new position? </blockquote>
    Hi Daniel, welcome around here.

You have it correct. When you select "t" for trade on any given player, you will be given a list of options based on that player's current position in your side.

You might want to play around with this before lockout, it works the same way now as it will after lockout.

4. stowie

stowie Moderator

You can only replace them with a player from the line they are currently in. So if ROK is in the MID, you can trade him out for another MID only.

Edit: Got beated :D

5. danielc

danielc New Member

thanks jason, will do. I guess there is a case for this then putting someone like goodes or okeefe in your starting mids then swapping them for a fwd like krakouer who would then become a mid, and could be upgraded to a premium like dal santo when he appreciates in value

6. danielc

danielc New Member

thanks stowie, so if i put ROK as a MID at the start but then swap him with krakouer so he becomes a FWD after rd 1.. i can then trade him out as a FWD?

7. stowie

stowie Moderator

Yep yep.