IMPROMPTU in the Herald Scum

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Aug 18, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...h-overall-leader/story-e6frf9jf-1226116837657

<blockquote>JAY To, coach of the top-ranked SuperCoach team after 21 rounds, Impromptu SCE, is getting nervous.

In part one of a series profiling the contenders for the &#36;50,000 overall SuperCoach prize, the player ranked No.1 of more than 400,000 entries reveals his secrets - and what's keeping him up at night.

“I’m hoping but not expecting to win. I’ve been in the top position for seven weeks but I feel that it could be a Cadel Evans (overall winner) and Alberto Contador (me),” To says.

Like many top teams, Jay says he’ll be struggling in the closing rounds not only with limited trades, but also with top teams having the bye.

“Some premium players being rested with the Geelong and Carlton byes could hurt me and some of the other contenders.”

If Impromptu SCE does manage to negotiate the rocky final rounds to secure top prize, Jay already has a plan for the &#36;50,000.

“We would probably go on holiday, have a big party and leave a portion in trust for our baby son.”

THE CONTENDERS: IMPROMPTU SCE

Player: Jay To

Overall ranking: 1

Points total: 49,182

Average points per round: 2,342.00

Overall team value: &#36;13,094,400

Best pre-season recruiting decision: Goddard not in my initial team.

Worst pre-season recruiting decision: Having Jesse O'Brien, David Astbury, Karmichael Hunt.

Best trade this season: Trading in Jack Riewoldt then out at the right time.

Worst trade this season: Trading in Arryn Siposs.

How many hours a week do you spend on SuperCoach? A lot.

Current team

DEFENDERS

Heath Scotland, Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Sam Fisher, Corey Enright, Danny Stanley, Nick Lower, Ben Jacobs, KarmichaelHunt

MIDFIELDERS

Scott Pendlebury, Chris Judd, Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Gary Ablett, Brent Harvey, Joel Selwood, Dyson Heppell, Ian Callinan

RUCKS

Dean Cox, Matthew Kreuzer, Broc McCauley, Joel Tippett

FORWARDS

Matthew Pavlich, Adam Goodes, Ryan O’Keefe, Lance Franklin, Paul Chapman, Drew Petrie, Nick Riewoldt, Tendai Mzungu, Isaac Smith, Cameron Richardson</blockquote>

2. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

It looks like next week when carlton have the bye might be the rockiest time for impromptu given that he has 4 blues in his best 22.

If he can still be ahead going in the final round then i reckon he's home! good luck

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

No mention of the Sandilands trades hehe

4. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

Good luck impromptu

5. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Don't worry promts, Kruuuuuze will deliver for you when it matters. Hope you have some trades left (unlike me) to cover next week.

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Good luck Prompts, hopefully you take it home if not Shags or Yamum who are 2nd and 4th at the moment, good luck, but if anyone deserves to win it, it's you afteer holding top spot for seven weeks in a row, 3 more and you'll have won it, while having a streak of double figures (10) of weeks in top position.
    Good luck.

This Week;
    This week Enright could be covered by Stanley/Lower.
    Selwood covered by Brent Harvey?
    Chappy covered by Smith/Mzungu.
    OR
    Enright covered by Stanley/Lower
    Selwood covered by Heppell
    Chappy covered by Harvey (using MPP)

Next Week:
    Scotland and Gibbs covered by Jacobs and Stanley/Lower
    Judd covered by Selwood
    Kreuzer covered by McCauley (lol)
    OR
    Scotland and Gibbs covered by Heppell and Stanley/Lower (MPP with Jacobs)
    Judd covered by Selwood
    Kreuzer covered by Petrie (MPP with Tippett)
    Tippett covered by Mzungu/Smith

Heppell could be crucial MPP to get a solid scorer on the field replacing Geelong and Carlton players as you have quite a few. Looks like Prompts is in good position still, with a bunch of MPP he could be fielding players who he can rely on to get a solid score rather than a 60 scoring rookie.

Agin, luck Prompts.

7. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Ten bucks on Kreuzer leaving the team this week.

8. Impromptu

Impromptu New Member

@Golingo

LOL - we shall see :)

Walesy knows my plans but he has sworn that he will keep it a secret.

9. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Heh. Heard your interview on yscc. As just a second year coach (and my first serious year) I'm watching contenders like you trying to learn all that I can.

Best of luck with the coming three weeks, hope the SC Gods smile upon you!

10. boydshow

boydshow Guest

Also heard the YSCC interview, shows how much room there is to gap the field when avoiding group think. All the best prompts :)

11. shanaz

shanaz New Member

good luck to you impromts, i think if anyone deserves its you. hopefully you can hold down top spot! :)