Initial Squad

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pilly, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Pilly

Pilly New Member

I am sure this has been raised before but I can't find an answer. I know we have to have a complete list of 30 before the start of round 1 to enter leagues, but with the split round can we make changes to our squad without using trades after the round starts. In other words if we name say 5 rookies from teams playing in week 2 and they don't then get picked can we make 5 changes to other rookies playing week 2? The Supercoach rules seem to indicate that we can't.

2. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

This was a question that was very common last year. Players are only locked in as their teams' games start. So Collingwood and Freo players are locked in on Friday night. This means they cannot be traded in or out until the following week. So, short answer... You will still have unlimited trades, but as each game starts, you lose the option of trading players from those teams in or out. Clear as mud?

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Mad_Mattigan wrote:
    This was a question that was very common last year. Players are only locked in as their teams' games start. So Collingwood and Freo players are locked in on Friday night. This means they cannot be traded in or out until the following week. So, short answer... You will still have unlimited trades, but as each game starts, you lose the option of trading players from those teams in or out. Clear as mud? Well said :)

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Its the rolling lockout, meaning it rolls on between rounds.