Injury woes

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Turbs, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Fyfe popped his shoulder tday and now Dempsey has been subbed off in the 1st half with tightness in his left hammy ...
    Makes me think I did the right thing by holding Broughton as it was Dempsey I was thinking of ...

For the masses that have fyfe it doesn't sound good ... Let's hope he's back soon

2. Death

Death New Member

Was wondering what the low score was about.. fingers crossed back very soon. Advice on sub him off or trade him out?

3. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Luenberger injured and subbed off early too,
    with him, Fyfe, Dempsey & Pendlebury's low score,
    not many will have dodged all these bullets.

4. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

As I said in the other thread - likely scenario for Fyfe is 3 months according to Doc Larkins.

5. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Trade time for fyfe if it's anywhere over 2 weeks for me

6. Muppets

Muppets Member

Copped Ledger's bullet as well. Tough round.

7. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Im thinking of switching fyfe into the mids and trading him for barlow, if indeed his is out for a number of weeks. His price will drop to around 480k.

8. hongDOGhua

hongDOGhua New Member

ehhhh... not an injury, but Lake has just been reported for striking. He is clearly gonna get at least one week. Wasn't hard, but clearly intentional contact with the face.

9. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Astro39 on April 14, 2012, 21:07
    As I said in the other thread - likely scenario for Fyfe is 3 months according to Doc Larkins. </blockquote>
    Likely 3 months IF they wanted him to get surgery done.... he could play next week!

10. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

We all knew that Fyfe is about as soundly put together as Mr Potato Head, but many of us still went with him. Even if he doesn't go in for surgery, this has to be an ongoing concern.
    He is going to drop to around 480, and will continue to bleed value as this week's score works through his rolling average.
    It feels kneejerk, but for me I'm 99&#37; convinced he's on the way out.

11. snoz

snoz Moderator

Ned....from all reports its reco time again and he's looking at 12 weeks out, just like Embly. He'll drop 30k this week to 557k. Such a shame but thats footy I guess. For us SCers, the question now become WHO we replace him with?

Most have Buddy/Goodes but if you don't then thats the given trade....but who's next ? Its a crap shoot.....

12. tuscanraiders

tuscanraiders New Member

Got another 3 matches ahead too! Fingers crossed for the rest of our players!

13. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

He'll actually drop to around &#36;530k

14. snoz

snoz Moderator

Yes AA, Salary predictor not working too well on IE7, just redid it.....530k.....and now the BIG hole to fill

15. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Yeh &#36;557k would be his price had he just kept his average. Not too many viable candidates to fill that hole either. Thinking about NRoo, maybe the SC community wrote him off too quickly?

16. snoz

snoz Moderator

Agreed AA.....NRoo bothers me alot, as I guess he does everyone else as well. Also thought Godd severly outplayed him yesterday, so I'm struggling to see how he scored so well...

Have had a quck look and its slim ~ Boomer/ Sidey / Pav / Dangermouse / ROK

17. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

ROK and Pav still have alot of value to shed throughout the next few weeks, you wouldn't want to bring them in right now unless you were desperate, they also haven't shown anything near premium form. Boomer is an interesting one, hard to gauge considering the opposition from last week and his age doesn't work in his favour. Not convinced by Dangerfield at all and not liking Sidebottom's role in his side, although he could be given more spurts in the midfield now that Ball has gone down, although the more likely candidate would be Beams who also has alot of value to lose. One from left field is Jarrad Waite, although that could be a biased selection on my part. If he can curb the brain fades he looks primed to have a ripper of a year.

18. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I've got Fyfe, lake & Goodes. Will have to wait and see but probably have to trade Fyfe, how many will go to chappy only for him to do a hammy next week!

19. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

530 ain't so bad. Can shift him into midfield and maybe trade to Joey.

20. snoz

snoz Moderator

Thats probably the way to go Ned....far better options in the MIds to replace him than down Fwd