Is Ed Curnow the next Barlow?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by ThommoDees, Mar 25, 2011.

1. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Ok, hands up who has Curnow in their side?

How many of you (like me) looked at him, but decided not to take the risk?

Is he the next Barlow? :eek:

2. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

man, i'm shattered!

I had him in my team on thursday morning...(RMT)
    swapped him out for irons to get the extra cash to get tippet and make a ruck connection for drew petrie!

absolutely devo!

120 is monster!!!

i didn't watch him play though

is anyone considering jumping back on him before the bubble bursts?
    if he's hitting scores of 100, i think it's a worthwhile trade if the midfield rookies you've got are pumping out rookies scores 50-60

3. graeme

graeme Guest

i'll put my hand up - traded Curnow out for Atley at around 7.30pm AEST.

Strange feeling hoping he is a one game wonder, made easier by not being a fan of the blue baggers. I do not think I am alone in either sentiment!

regards
    chels

4. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Yeah, we'll see how he goes next week, but he's definately one to watch. I had him in the mix with Bewick and Irons. Decided on Bewick. Hopefully he pulls at least 80 pts for me!

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

If Curnow is scoring 100+ over first two rounds and one of your MID rookies is performing ala Relton Roberts last year, you'd have to look at the sideways trade before R3.

6. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Well done Chels! I used the same theory with Gibbs & Judd. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a Beau Muston!

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

if he gets a 70+ score next week and you have a guy punching out 50ish, i think you have to burn a sideways rookie trade. you don't want to miss out on that action. Wait till he does it twice before you think too hard about it.

I wonder how many got on him...

8. crew

crew New Member

Curnow wasn't ina lot of teams because of no MPP as most use their bench rookies for MPP. I can hear that moo sound though :)

9. graeme

graeme Guest

hard to explain ThommoDees, notwithstanding the above, but I was kinda pleased I chose Gibbs and Judd.

Now to figure out whether to choose a non-playing emergency and put Duigan in or take a punt on Lower.

regards
    chels

10. Rufus

Rufus New Member

<blockquote>Quote from chels on March 25, 2011, 06:41
    hard to explain ThommoDees, notwithstanding the above, but I was kinda pleased I chose Gibbs and Judd.

Now to figure out whether to choose a non-playing emergency and put Duigan in or take a punt on Lower.

regards
    chels</blockquote>

Exactly the same.
    Duigan got 60, which is about average for a losing team. I think Freo will win so hopefully Lower scores more, gonna go with him.

11. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Yeah, i'm going with Lower too.

12. graeme

graeme Guest

hope Lower does not mean "lower score"!

I see he is down to play in the centre which should help or am i just talking me book

regards
    chels

13. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

He's had a ripper pre-season. He might be their next Greg Broughton. :)

14. turbo

turbo New Member

I'll prob go Lower.

Ratten made some comments about Curnow in an interview before the game on OneHD to the effect that they liked him because he has the engine to play extended game time which helps with the smaller interchange bench this year. Unfortunately I was watching it on delay so didn't have time to jump on!!

15. DC

DC Member

I will stick by lower

16. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@ Turbo

If i'd heard those comments from Ratten I would have jumped on too. My concern was that he wouldn't get much of a run with Judd, Murphy, Gibbs & co running through the middle.

17. I have Curnow, but I can't really crow much about it though as I also have Yarran and Foley. Yarran absolutely dominated by the tag!

18. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

<blockquote>Quote from TheDojo on March 25, 2011, 07:00

Exactly the same.
    Duigan got 60, which is about average for a losing team. I think Freo will win so hopefully Lower scores more, gonna go with him.</blockquote>

I think you'll find that Duigan plays for Carlton.

And they won.

19. chewy

chewy New Member

at this stage i,m not that concerned by yarran,s game!he had a shocker got 4 touches still scored a 30?,matt white is extremely quick and i think one of the few in the league who can keep up with him!i watched the game and must admit i hardly noticed curnow(drinking and talking with mates)was he that prominent!if he pumps out another good score next week you have to get on!by the same token yarran could do what curnow done last night and vice-versa!we will just have to wait and see!

20. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Annoyed Curnow is not rookie priced. But yeah most of us would have the capacity to trade in if need be.

Thing is, there's probably just as much chance of him being a Gysberts/Muston than a Barlow.

Very good thing that after this week's and next week's "bye", Curnow will run into Collingwood and then we can get a good look at his scoring then.